Chapter 16

I snuggle into the warmth of the duvet, attempting to role over only for a weight across my stomach to become immediately obvious. Lifting it slightly so that I can move, panic setting through me, I try to remember the events of last night that lead to me being in this strange bed with someone who's identity is still a mystery.

We danced all night, together as NCT or separately with other people, not really caring who was who. In amongst the food, drink and exercise, we all became incredibly tired with my uncle and several of the other managers rounding us - particularly the younger ones - up just before midnight.

By the time we got in, we were ready to collapse in a heap, let alone me be able to require the effort to walk across the hall into the girls dorm. Besides, who wants to spend Christmas Eve alone, in a dorm too big for one person? As a result, if I remember correctly, Chenle offered me his bed so I took it, the rest of the boys scouring the house of any big baggy clothes to lend me. After all, I wasn't gonna sleep in my tight, velvet dress.

And so that I believe is where I ended up - in Chenle's room, asleep. Then again, that doesn't explain the arm around my waist so when I finally to manage to role over, I'm a little confused as to the appearance to Chenle. Maybe he couldn't be bothered to sleep somewhere else? I mean, we have become incredibly close over the past couple of months, best friends even and the numerous movie nights with the boys where I'd fall asleep against him, or even nights like the one in October half term when I'd just break down and remember something about my parents. Yet somehow, this feels more intimate. Not sexual, no, but rather more emotional.

I can't be bothered to move though, his bed incredibly warm and comfortable and his quiet little snuffles endearing. Well, at least I couldn't be bothered until I remember that it's Christmas Day!

"Oh my god!" I scream, bolting upright, causing Chenle to open his eyes, a very confused look on his face.
"What?" He says seeming incredibly concerned.
"It's Christmas Day!" I announce.
"Raven. It's 7am, go back to sleep" another groggy voice tells me. Jisung. Damn. I forgot they shared rooms here.
"But it's Christmas Day!" I complain.
"Yes and we want to sleep" Chenle grumbles.
"But I want to open presents!" I protest.
"Later" Jisung states, rolling over so that he's now facing the wall.
"Come on Rae, sleep. We can open presents later and you're not gonna be popular if you go around waking everyone up now. After all, most of them had an even later night than us" Chenle whispers, hand attempting to tug me bag down again.

I can't help but let out a little yelp as his arm snakes around my waist, pulling me down and closer to him. "Shh" he quietens me, "it's one of my Christmas presents" he mutters, burying his face back in the pillow with his arm wrapped around me. And so I attempt to do the same, falling asleep to his the smell of him and his bed.
_____
"Right you maknaes, get your cute little butts up- oh and you Rae - wait, guys! Get in here!" Somebody shouts flinging the door open. I slightly open one eye, finding Ten stood in the doorway. What a delightful way to wake up three maknaes - me included.
"Aw, cute! I knew I shipped them for a reason" another boy squeals, appearing at the doorway. Doyoung.
"What is it?" Somebody else questions. Yuta.
"Chenle and Rae are curled up in bed!" Ten replies. If he hadn't already woken up Jisung and Chenle, he certainly has now.
"Let me get a photo" a distinctive voice excitedly yells, loud footsteps banging across the dorms on the way to this room. The minute he appears round the door frame, camera in hand, I try to role off the bed, avoiding any future black mail. Unfortunately Taeyong manages to capture the photo since Chenle's grip on me refuses to release despite my desperate whacking of his hand.
"Let me go!" I whine.
"No, what's the time?" He asks, ignoring me completely.
"7:30" Ten replied causally.
"Jeez. You're just as bad as Rae, she wanted to get up at 7 but we just told her to go back to sleep." Jisung moans.
"Yep, now get your lazy, but otherwise lovely, backsides in gear. I want presents!" Ten commands, dashing away just as quickly as he came.