Chapter 6

October half term is a week towards the end of the month that students in England get off from school. Sometimes they go on holiday but more often than not, they stay at home and just use it as a useful break in the middle of a term of school. And that, instead of going away, is what I'm doing. It's the Mondays so both of my parents have to work, leaving me with nothing much to do.

"Hello" I say, picking up the house phone. It's 8:30 am and my parents left about half an hour ago, my dad dropping mum off at work. I'm fixing myself breakfast - two slices of toast with Nutella. Healthy.
"Hey Rae, your mum said you were home alone today and I wondered if you wanted to come and hang out with the boys today. Mark and Haechan had to fly back to Seoul on Saturday but the other five Dream members are here alongside Johnny, Hansol, Yukhei and Kun so you wouldn't be alone at least" my uncle says, immediately launching into a long explanation of a simple questions.
"Um, sure. I'm still in my pjs so give me half an hour or so to get ready" I tell him.
"Ok, see you then" he replies, quickly hanging up.

In between taking great mouthfuls of toast, I wander around the house, grabbing my back pack and shoving the items I deem necessary into my bag. iPad - check. Book - check. Headphones - check. Phone - check. Hoodie - check. Camera - check (you never know...). Laptop - check. Popcorn and other snacks - check (I remember how depleted the food supply was last time).

Once I'm done, I place it by the door, put my plate in the sink and head upstairs. I undress quickly, chucking pjs onto the bed before dashing into the shower. It's one of the quickest I've ever taken - a quick shampoo and condition alongside a squirt of body wash. I'm out in ten minutes and when I check the time, see I have another ten before Uncle Jihoon gets here.

I pull on a pair of my cropped sports legging and a t-shirt before brushing my still damp hair. It'll dry curly so there's no need to do anything to it. I scrub my face with one of my anti-spot face wipes and brush my teeth before heading down stairs where I tie a pair of trainers to my feet. I really can't be bothered today and comfy is better than not. It's as I'm going through my bag and checking that I have everything that the doorbell goes.

I stand to open it, pulling it towards me and revealing an eye smile boy called Jeno. I tug my hoodie over my head before following him out the door. Just as I'm about to shut it, I remember I need my keys and quickly rush inside to grab them. Now I'm all set. I lock the door behind me before going and hopping in the back of the SUV that my uncle is driving.

"These two baboons decided to come and pick you up with me. I sincerely apologise" my uncle says the minutes I shut the car door as I climb in the back. Besides me is Jaemin while Jeno has staked his claim of the front seat.

"Not our fault we're bored and besides, we have nothing to do until practice later since JohnKunSol and Yukhei are using it at the moment for their dance practice." Jaemin moans.
"You could always use the gym or, I know this is a novel idea, but you could clean!" My uncle says with false amazement.
"Yeah, that is a rather novel idea. We're totally going to spend our holiday cleaning" Jeno replies and I can just imagine his eye role.
"Renjun would" my uncle teases.
"But renjun is sweet and well behaved where as we are basically lazy." Jaemin nests back.
"Rae, back me up here" my uncle pleads.
"Nope. I'm with the boys on this one, I wouldn't be willing to clean my room" I smirk, earning a high five from Jaemin and a thumbs up from Jeno.
"I give up with you" my uncle jokingly sighs.
"Yeah yeah. Whatever"

We eventually arrive, pulling into the drive way alongside the three vans as the boys jump out, sprinting to the front door. Jaemin gets there first and a huge cry of victory is heard, Manager Lee coming to open the door at the commotion. It was funny, the car ride that is, and I can certainly see why the boys all like my uncle. He acts just like he does with me and is almost a father figure to them since they never really get to see their parents. He is basically their adopted uncle.