"Morning" I whispered with a yawn.

"We didn't mean to wake you" Dad said.

"It's fine, Elijah had me up at 6:12" I said with a giggle. Then Elijah started to stir.

"Is it time to play Legos yet?" Elijah asked in a groggy voice.

"Yes, we can play Legos now" I said and laughed.

"You two can play Legos after you eat breakfast" Mom said.

"Ok" Elijah said and climbed out of my bed. Then I followed and we all went downstairs to the kitchen.

"How do pancakes sound?" Mom asked.

"Can we have chocolate chip pancakes?" I asked sweetly with a smile.

"Sure" she said and started mixing up the batter.

After breakfast, Elijah and I went into the playroom and started building with Legos. We played in there for about an hour before Mom came in and had us get dressed. I went upstairs, showered and got dressed for the day. Mom was in the bathroom by Elijah's room giving him a bath. I went downstairs by Dad. I figured he would be watching TV or something, but he wasn't. Then I checked the next place where I would usually find him, in the basement studio. I walked down the stairs and he was playing his guitar on the couch. I always like to listen to him play, especially when he and Mom sing together. I walked over to him and sat down.

"Hey princess" he said.

"Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Working on a song. Do you wanna help?" he asked.

"I don't really know anything about writing a song" I said.

"I'll teach you. Go grab your guitar" he said. I stood up and grabbed my guitar off the stand and sat back down next to him. He showed me the chords he was playing around with and we played them a few times. Soon we were playing around with a melody. Then he started singing the lyrics that he had down. After we played through what he already had, we worked on the lyrics a little more.

We had been down in the basement for a few hours. It was about lunchtime and Mom came down the stairs a little.

"Em, I'm going to make Elijah some chicken nuggets for lunch. Would you like me to make you some too or do you want something else?" She asked.

"Chicken nuggets please" I said with a smile.

"Babe, would you like some too?" she asked Dad.

"Yes please" Dad said with a smirk and I laughed.

"Alright, lunch will be done in about twenty minutes" she said with a giggle and walked back upstairs. We continued writing the song and we finished it just before lunch was done. It feels pretty good to write a song. I've always loved singing, but I didn't think writing a song would be this fun. I can see why my mom and dad like to do it so much.

Once we were done with our song, we set our guitars down.

"I have a question for you" Dad said.

"Shoot" I said.

"How do you feel about babysitting Elijah tonight?" he asked.

"I don't mind. Why?" I asked.

"I want to surprise your Mom with a date night" He said.

"What are you going to do?" I asked intrigued.

"I was planning on taking her out to a casual dinner then to the Christmas light show in the park and then a movie. Nothing to extravagant, but we haven't had a date night in a while" he said.