Chapter 7 ☀ Mo'ori

Felix groaned loudly, pain coursing through his head. Blearily opening his eyes, he realized with a start that he was back somewhere very, very familiar.

Feeling a sudden itch in his side, he reached his arm forward, only to stop when he felt his arm tethered to something heavy — a chain, attached to the stone wall. With a heavy sigh, he let his arm relax back to the wall. He then tried moving his legs, but was shocked to realize he couldn't feel his right one at all.

He took another look at the dungeon walls surrounding him, recalling all of the previous times he'd been trapped there. It stank of urine and defecation — a natural result of leaving prisoners there for weeks while they faced judgement from his father.

Could he even call him his father anymore? What he'd done to him was despicable, but he had also managed to save his life twice... was it possible there was still some love left in that old man?

After a while of standing there, his arms raised at an uncomfortable height and his mind ruminating through countless reasons as to what he was doing there, he finally heard footsteps start down the stone and metal steps.

Those footsteps sounded very familiar. His twin's sneering face soon loomed between the bars of the cage Felix was encased in.

"Zandy," he called out, forcing a light tone into his voice, knowing his brother hated that nickname. "Long time no see, brother. Are you here to let me out?" He joked. "It stinks in here, you should really consider cleaning it—"

Zandy spat to his side, hate brewing in his eyes. "You are well aware that my given name is Razand. You will respect that by calling me as such." He puffed his chest up, revealing a familiar crest to the right of his body. "Father hasn't been doing very well these days, and as such, he has asked me to lead the House in his name. I'm to be a proper lord soon."

Felix laughed bitterly. "Of course Father would have you lead. You're behind this sickness as well, aren't you? You always were fond of your poisons. Such a shame Mother had to die-"

Razand stiffened. "You cannot dare speak of Mother like that. She died of sickness. That is all."

He kept going. "And you're the reason Father kicked me out and stripped me of my titles. Are you happy these days? Or does the House feel a bit lonely..." he paused. "Zandy?"

"You lost your place in this House when you failed your test, Felix."

"Zandy, Zandy... that's not how that works. One's title and rights, once given, is always their own. It can never be taken away, as much as you might wish it. Mother may be gone, but I will be back to claim my rightful place within this House."

Razand narrowed his eyes. "Are you trying to threaten me? You're chained up in the bottom of my House, and your arm will likely not recover. The bones inside were pulverized by that gate. Silly decision, really, trying to slide under that gate."

He unlocked the gate into the cell and entered. He heard the click of a lock clicking back into place. Felix looked at him warily, unsure of what he was doing. "After all, the people wouldn't like a maimed lord to lead them all — it's a sign of weakness."

"But enough with the chit chat. You're likely confused as to why you're here. I had Cassivellaneus transfer you directly to the castle as I had an urgent request of you. It... has to do with a certain dark-haired girl."

Felix stilled, thoughts rushing into his mind.

What had they done with Khoeli? Is she okay?

Did she get away?

He's standing there with a smirk on his face, does this mean they've caught her?