Chapter 1: A new Beginning

Začať od začiatku

“I’ll look after Anna, I promise…” I promised in a hushed tone. Though no one could hear me, I knew my parents did, and somehow, just somehow, I could feel their warm smiles and proud looks. As I neared a pair of big dark wooden doors carved with rich golden designs, the two guards on duty greeted me politely. I greeted them back as they opened the doors. As soon as I took a step on the marble stairs, a gush of cool summer wind hit me, making wisps of my hair to fly back. The sun shone brightly and made me squint. I waited a few seconds for my eyes to adjust and when they did, I saw tons of people bustling about in the castle courtyard, which we used for an ice rink a few days ago, some where the Kingdom’s people; some were valets and some merchants. I smiled as I stepped down the stairs and continued walking towards the castle gates, which were open. 

As I trotted down the castle courtyard, people who passed greeted me with delight, some even smiled. I felt my heart pound, I was happy, happy that they didn’t see me as a monster with terrible powers and happy that I could be who I am.

“Uhm, yo-you’re highness…” I heard someone say behind me. I turned around to find a little girl holding a small white flower.

“Oh, good morning little one,” I said and crouched down to her eye level. “What’s your name?”

“Eve…” She replied sheepishly. She was a beautiful girl with bright fair skin, raven black hair and with striking gold-hazel eyes that matched her autumn styled tunic.

“That’s a beautiful name” I complimented. Her face reddened, which was very cute, and she looked flustered.

“Uh-uhm, this is for you yo-your highness.” She handed me the flower which I gladly accepted.

“Oh, why thank you Eve, this is beautiful.” She gave me a smile and I felt my heart melt. I had to give her something back. Immediately, my brain worked. I inserted the flower on top of my ear so that my hands were free. Then, I swirled them together making small, crystal like bits of ice to form a snowflake, an ice snowflake.  Then I ripped a piece of lace from my cape and tied it together. I was so preoccupied that I didn’t even notice the look on Eve’s face.

“Uhm…” I heard the little girl’s voice. I looked up and saw that she was tilting her head in confusion. I chuckled and tied the snowflake necklace around the little girl’s neck.

“Here” I said as I finished tying the necklace. “For you”

Her eyes widened as her hand involuntarily touched the ice snowflake.

“Fo-for m-me?” She stuttered, surprised. I nodded and gave her a closed mouthed smile as a reply. Her eyes widened even more. “B-but w-w-won’t th-this melt?!”

I shook my head and gave her another smile before answering.

“Nope,” I told her and touched the ice snowflake with my fore finger. “You see, this ice snowflake is special, I made it into a state wherein it won’t ever melt. Promise me you’ll keep it?”

A smile formed on her face and her cheeks filled with color.

“I promise! Thank you so much your highness!” She said with glee. I gave out a small laugh, satisfied with my work and stood up. She waved her hand as she said good bye and I watched her run up to an older looking boy, probably her brother. I sighed and decided to continue to walk towards the open gates. What I didn’t know was that as soon as I turned, someone was there.

“Oof-“ I heard the man say as he crashed into me. I felt myself stumble backwards and fall down. I looked up and saw that the man who crashed into me was one of the royal valets.

“Kay?” I said in realization. The man’s eyes widened as he realized it was me.

“OH! Oh dear, goodness me” He said as he extended his hand to help me up. “Please forgive me Queen Elsa, I should have looked where I was going. I am so sorry.”