Chapter 1: A new Beginning

~*Elsa*~
(EDITED)

“I’m getting the hang of it now” I muttered to myself as my eyes lingered on my hands while I roamed the castle halls. A smile formed on my lips as tiny crystal like snowflakes sprouted from my palms. The small fractiles spiraled upward from my hands and created beautiful abstract shapes. Then, they dispersed and dissolved making small bits of snow to fall and drop on me. A light giggle escaped my mouth as my hands fell to my sides. I continued to walk down the polished marble floor and admired the sun which shone brightly outside and through the huge arched windows which lined the side of the hall and made the floor shine even more. 

I came to a halt when I reached a pair of oak-wooden doors with golden designs carved on them. I pushed them open and entered the dining hall where I saw several maids cleaning about and doing their work, probably preparing for lunch. I spotted someone very familiar and immediately walked over, greeting those who greeted me as I passed.

“Good morning, your majesty!” The kind looking lady greeted as she placed the last plate on the table. She clasped her hands together and turned to face me with a warm smile. “What brings you here? Lunch’s not ready yet.”

“Good morning to you too, Gerda,” I greeted and smiled back.” I was wondering where Anna might have been, have you seen her by any chance?”

“No your majesty, not since this morning…” She replied and continued her work by placing a mix of beautiful freshly picked flowers in a porcelain vase. ”I believe she went sledding somewhere up the north mountain.”

“Huh, with whom?”

“Hmm? Oh, with that Christopher fellow, I think.”

“Oh… Kristoff?”

“Yes, that’s the one!”  She confirmed and stepped back to admire her work. I followed her gaze and felt myself fill with amazement. Her work was amazing, the flower arrangement, the choice of china ware; it blended perfectly together to make one simple yet perfect table set.

“Wow, you’re amazing Gerda!” I exclaimed in awe.

“Why thank you your majesty!” She beamed gratefully and turned to me. “You know, I should go get Princess Anna now, it’s almost time for lunch!”

“Oh, no need, I’ll go get her.”

“Are you sure your majesty?” Gerda asked. I gave out a small laugh and nodded.

“I’ll be fine Gerda, I promise.” She looked at me suspiciously for a moment and then sighed.

“Oh all right,” She waved her hand dismissively. “Just be careful out there your majesty.”

“I will” I said and gave her a small smile before I took my leave. I hurried down the main hall in a swift like manner, my long glittering transparent cape trailing behind me. As I neared the castle doors, I noticed something from the corner of my eye. I stopped and turned to face a veiled portrait, its frames made of Gold. I felt my eyes swell as I realized it was a portrait of my parents. My father stood with authority, respect and leadership, just how the King should be, my mother on the other hand, stood beside my father with a more passive expression, her features kind and young. I looked away just as a tear slipped my eye and rolled down my cheek. I wiped it dry with the back of my hand and slowly faced the portrait.

“I did it, mama…papa…” I whispered softly. “I can control it now... I ca—“

My voice cracked at that point and I quickly turned away as the painful memory of them rapidly flashed through my mind. I wiped my tears dry and inhaled deeply. As I exhaled I regained my composure and continued walking towards the castle entrance.