One Small Thing Can Change Everything chpt 2

THANK YOU! To everyone to read the first chapter and who is about to read the second! I am so happy every time I go on my computer and see more people have read my story! Once again thank you! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The murmurs of the radio and the low hum of the car suddenly shut off.

"Miss Greenwood?" I heard a man say.

"Miss Greenwood, we've arrived."

Slowly, I opened my eyes. I had to blink a couple of times to restore my vision. I sat up and stretched. Sleeping in a car wasn't the most comfortable thing to do. I didn't have time to have a nap before we left.

This morning seemed like a lifetime ago. Between the time I found out about Octavia's and now all I've done is pack, unpack, repack, practise my piano, finish packing, eat a sandwich, remember loads of things I didn't pack, pack them, phone all my friends to say good bye, check everything I'd packed, said goodbye to my dad, ignored my step-mum, got in this car, fall asleep. Then tow hours later I'm here. I decided to stay dressed the same; denim shorts and a vest. It was casual without being slobby.

I put my iPod back into my bag (I'd been listening to it earlier to calm my nerves), then I got out my small mirror and checked my hair. It wasn't too bad. I ran my fingers though it trying to flatten any bits that wanted to escape. I sighed, then put my mirror away. Here I go.

I opened my door and stepper out. OH MY GOD!!! I was taken aback by the sere size of the place. It looked like a freaking mansion. There was one massive building (and when I say massive I mean flipping enormous), loads of medium sized buildings and in between them were what looked to be small, stone, one roomed buildings! Weird!

"Excuse my, sorry I forgot what your name was," I asked the car driver.

"You can call me Jeff" he said from behind the car."

"Jeff, do you know what all the buildings are for?"

"Well the main building is for Study and lessons. The slightly small buildings are for all the students to sleep and live in. Finally the small ones are common room." He explained.

"We have a whole house to live in?" I asked in total shock.

"From what I understand, yes."

"WOW" I whispered.

I heard Jeff chuckle from behind the car.

There was a massive garden surrounding the school. Trees and sculptures were dotted about randomly. I could see groups of people under the trees, in the cool shadows.

I could feel my heart pounding in my chest and the colour drain from my face. I don't think I'm ready for this. I hate leaving home. Give it two days at the most and I'll be so upset and home sick I'll be on my way home. Plus, I am so easily distracted. The only reason I wasn't at home was because my dad. He could get my focused. But without him here how am I going to do this. I don't belong here, Its quite literally first day of school all over again.

"Ummmmm, Miss Greenwood? You've done rather pale." I hear the driver say.

"I'm .....I'm just a bit nervous."

"Don't worry Miss Greenwood..."

"Please just call me Lucy."

"Ok. Sorry Miss Lucy." I rolled my eyes.

" I have dropped dozens and dozens of amazingly talented teenagers off here. All of them just as scared as you are now."

Great that's reassuring.