2

The smoke hovers in the room like a fog, leaving only the outline of different men around the stage as I walk to the center of the stage.

Dangerous woman by Arianna Grande fills the room as I spin around the pole.

I roll my neck, flinging my hair up over my head in a seductive move that results in a few whistles as I continue my dance.

I untie the bikini top and allow it to fall slowly off, revealing my bare chest to the audience. The music continues and I move my hips to the beat.

I crawl and move around the stage in a way that always drive men crazy, offering them a sexy smirk and a view of my barely covered ass. Money is shoved in the side of my thong.

I remind myself over and over again to not make eye contact when I am this close. It only makes me feel awkward and self conscious.

I go back to the pole, grinding and swinging my body, when something that sounds like a growl sounds over the music. I stumble a little at the interruption, but I can't afford a bad night. Rent is due in a few days.

I continue the dance until the song ends. I do one more round on the stage, before collecting my top and walking backstage.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror before freshening up. My eyes hold no emotion but that is nothing new for when I am Roxy.

Now that my dance is done, it is time to interact with the audience.

Sometimes it is easy and they just get nervous and want to look. Other times they pay extra for a lap dance and I have to put all emotions away and just get it over with.

The club is pretty busy today as I make my way to the bar in my skimpy bikini.

I drag my hand slowly across men's shoulders and grab their arms gently as I pass by, offering a flirty smile and a wink when they look.

Most of the men are talking to other dancers or among themselves, with the exception of three guys in a the corner booth.

The lighting is to low to make out any facial features, but I can tell that two of the guys are staring at the table like it is the most interesting thing in the world, while the third talks to Desmond, the owner.

It's weird that they aren't watching Sapphire on stage or talking with any of the girls.

My attention is brought back to the customer talking to me. I can tell he wants to touch Me, but the rules are in place so he can't.

I feel a hand on my elbow and I am gently pulled around to face Desmond.

"Hey Roxs, private dance. Room 3" I take a deep breath before turning to the small hallway that leads to the private rooms.

I shake my hair out again and rub my lips together, giving them a little more color.

The hallway is painted this horrible pistachio green color with pictures of random girls hung along the walls.

I take a deep breath and walk in. All the private rooms look the same. A small stage with a pole sits in the center and a blue two-seater couch along the wall.

I almost stumble in my heels at what is waiting for me on the small blue couch.

His brown hair is short and I can tell that he'd been running his hand through it. He would easily stand at 6'3 if he was standing and I let my eyes wonder, hoping he won't notice.

He is wearing dark wash jeans and a blue button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I can see the muscle definition under the shirt and I bite my lip a little.