Chapter 14 Calm Before the Storm

Laxus P.O.V.

Lucy had slept all the way to Fairy Tail on her brothers back. Her dreams og how their family should have been. Though every now and then a tear would hit her brothers shoulder; he paid no mind. Not even her mumblings disturbed.

That was until the two made it to the guild without noticing. The wooden doors were already open. So those didn't break the older brother from his newly regained memories of his little sister. While he wasn't looking a fist connected with Laxus' face.

Laxus' brown eyes moved from the peaceful face of his sleeping sister to the guild brawl that just broke out. His eyes swept over everything in the guild hall trying to find the culprit. However none were found. Who ever dared to punch him while he was holding his little sister is a very good hider; not even his scent was still around. That didn't stop the man from plotting his torture of the person who punched his face. The punch could have easily hit Lucy if the persons aim had been off, that just managed to kick Laxus' Over Protective Brother senses kicking. And that was not a good thing, no, it was worse than someone stealing Erza's percious strawberry cake.

Sighing, Laxus walked up to the infirmary to lay his Imouto to bed, he knew Zeref could strike at any time. It was better to keep Lucy close to him.

Finally reaching the Infirmary Laxus placed his sister down on the first empty bed, pulling the blankets over her and tucking it under her. For the first time his eyes were soft, starring at Lucy's calmly sleeping face. That's how she should always look. Not like a warrior, like the princess. He thought. Laxus placed a stray lock of blonde hair behind her ear, smiling gently at her. Laxus sighed and left the infrimary so Lucy could sleep without anyone disturbing her.

Laxus walked over to the bar and sat down on as stool. "Yo, Mira, can I get a Bourbon on the rocks?!" He hollered through the noisy guild. Mira glanced over at him and smiled. The man looked away from her cute face, just because they were dating didn't mean he acted lovey dovey. Mira smiled softly knowing he was trying hard not to drag her to a dark room so they could be alone. "Sure thing, Laxus!" Mira chirped and fixed his bourbon.

No P.O.V.

The girl lay shivering in her bed, completely unaware of a certain fire dragon slayer lurking on the side. A cheshire grin made it way across his face. Natsu pulled the covers back far enough so he could hop in the bed next to his blonde.

Lucy shivered again when a source of heat suddenly hit her. She unconsciously shifted closer to the source. She felt a solid body against her soft one. She knew who it was without having to open her eyes. He just better be lucky she was too damn sleepy to object to his presence in the bed with her.

Natsu P.O.V.

Natsu jerked a tiny bit when he felt Lucy become a Koala bear yet again. He had to distract hit wayward thoughts when they took a turn to the perverted side. It didn't help that Lucy had her legs wrapped around his waist, her right thigh brushing slightly against his crotch. C'mon Natsu don't focus on where her body is touching yours. Just get some sleep. The mantra ran through his mind as he too fell asleep. Not missing the blonde tightening her limbs around him. Good thing he was already too far gone to think.

Laxus P.O.V.

It was nearing the end if the day, half the guild was already gone. Lucy still hadn't come out so he deduced she was still asleep. He went up the steps and opened the door. Before he opened the door his nose twitched, a scent that wasn't his sisters was also in the room. The new scent was so familiar his blood was sent to boiling in an instant. The person in the room was gonna get it.

Laxus burst into the room and took in the scene that lay before him. Natsu lay in the same bed as his imouto, Lucy was halfway on top of the flaming idiot. Her hands wrapped around his torso. If it were just Lucy in the bed he would have smiled, but since Natsu was also in the bed- and had his little sister on his chest, his arms wrapped around her, one hand laying on her behind- he ran in and threw the boy away from his sister.

Natsu went flying into the opposite wall while Lucy sat up sleepily and rubbed her eyes. "Laxu nii? Whut chu doin lere?" Lucy slurred from sleep. Laxus' eyes softened at his sisters sleepy face. She was cute a toddler and she was cute now, even though she was in her late teens. "Imouto, flaming idiot was in here sleeping in the bed with you, luckily I showed up before he could do anything." Laxus said. There was no way he would let anyone come near his sister, no one was good enough for her. No. One. "Whaaa? Laxu nii you no make sense. Nashuu ain't here. Me think you bein over protective....again...." When Lucy was sleepy her speech was not only slurred but not correctly used. In her state using full words and correct grammer was a waste of energy. "He's currently in the wall." Lucy looked in the direction he was and saw what he meant. She saw and burst into giggles. "Hehehehe Natshu kishin tha wall!" She giggled while pointing at the guy. Natsu lifted his head and blushed at her, he had never seen Lucy act like a child.

Laxus saw this and almost pummeled Natsu. He stopped when Lucy grapped his hand. "Oniiiii Chaaaaaan I wanna go sleepover at your place!" She whined. Again Laxus looked at her and saw the bambi eyes; his heart clenched in pain. He could never resist and when he did try it always caused him pain once the tears came. And boy were those tears coming. He sighed. Killing Natsu for his indiscretion would have to wait for another day. "Alright, hop on." Laxus squatted in front if Lucy. He let out an 'oof' when the girl literally hopped on his back. He was going to reprimand her but her soft snores reached his ears. He smiled softly. Some things never change.