"You need to talk to her."

"Oh believe me I've tried, all of our conversations end in arguments." I explained.

"Well keep trying. She just wants to live and I can see that, you just need to talk it out and get your point across. You're either friends or you're not."

I let out a sigh.

"You're right." I said under my breath.

"I always am." 

****

I walked into my room later that day to find Chelsea packing. 

I didn't question it as I lay down on the bed and shut my eyes, massaging my temples, trying to figure out a way to address this without murdering someone.

"I'm leaving." She said.

"Leaving?"

"Moving upstairs, they have an extra room, said I deserved it." She said, a hint of a smile appearing on her face.

I was silent. I tried to ignore how much it hurt to have them treat her with kindness and not me. A bitter feeling of rage threatened to spill but I kept it in.

"I did it to look good okay. It sounds so stupid, and it is so stupid. We're supposed to be in this together but when you went out of line I just got so mad I decided to go solo. I tried to tell Tate I didn't want to move but he threatened us. He actually threatened us. I thought we could try to work together, Tate and I, but apparently not. I'll move into the room but I'm allowed to sleep here, that's what we agreed on."

I let out a sharp "whatever."

"Are you mad at me?"

I found her gaze on me as she sat down next to me on the bed. Her silvery green eyes scanned me.

"Am I mad at you? Is that a serious question? You have been the most selfish, stupid-"

"Ally, I'm just trying to survive."

"By shutting me out?" I exclaimed.

"You're not exactly being the wisest right now, are you? Someone needs to keep both of us alive and if that requires me sucking up to those meatheads then why not? I'm not doing this to be selfish Ally. I'm doing this so they can trust us and we can escape together. Unless you haven't noticed, we've been kidnapped and your tactics of getting us out have been to no avail. It's time we tried it my way." 

"By grabbing my hair and scratching my face?" I questioned.

"By grabbing your hair and scratching your face." She confirmed. "It will only make them like me more, meaning I get more information for us to use against them. It's brilliant if you think about it." 

I sulked.

"Not for me it isn't."

She cracked a smile.

"It will be soon. I love you and you're my best friend. Next time I'll consult you in my plans."

She collapsed on the bed next to me and hugged my waist.

"I'm relying on you Chels." I muttered. "Don't mess this up."

***

When Chelsea had been called upstairs I still lay on the bed, staring solemnly at the ceiling. The door opened and a dark haired girl with black eyes glowered down at me. It seemed no one had respect for our personal boundaries.

"Come with me." She ordered in a tone that left no room to argue.

I hastily followed her into Harvey's office where Chelsea sat nervously. I stared up at Harvey and Tate who sat with calm expressions.