Chapter 21

Nick

The week after our anatomy ultrasound was Christmas. Since Demi was pregnant & Blanda had a new baby, our families were coming to L.A. Our moms were going to cook at either our house or Joe's. Most likely it would be Joe's, since his kitchen was more modern & usually better stocked than ours was.

We were telling our families that we knew at least one of the babies was a girl. Dianna was going to be thrilled. My mom wouldn't care since she had one of each already, even though I suspect my mom likes her granddaughter more than any of us boys. There was a twinkle in their eyes when they were together.

My family was coming into town on Saturday, the day after we discussed baby names. Kevin & his family were staying at Joe's & Demi's family was staying with us & they were arriving on Sunday. My mom & dad & grandparents were staying at the house in Toluca Lake & Frankie would probably stay at Joe's. Dallas & Rob had a place in L.A., but it wasn't a big house.

Saturday morning, I gave Demi an early Christmas present after we ate breakfast. She opened the small box & pulled out an ornament for the tree. It was a gingerbread family all snuggled up & it was a mom & dad & two babies. It could be personalized, once the babies were here & had names. Demi loved it, crying when she saw it. I couldn't help but to laugh at how emotional she could get over the littlest things.

We were sitting by the Christmas tree when I gave it to her, so I held her hand as she found a spot on the tree to hang it. After she found a branch, she let her hand stop at another ornament. It was the "our first Christmas" ornament I had given her last year. It was an ornament I had made to look like our wedding cake topper & our names were engraved on it.

"I love our ornament collection. I think I should get one every year." Demi said, looking at the tree. Her face turned toward me & she had a wicked smile on her lips. "Could be a challenge for you after a while, to come up with a new ornament for me every year."

I wrapped my arms around her. "You know I love a challenge." I kissed her lips & Demi grabbed my head in her arms, holding our mouths together.

"What time is your family coming today?" Demi mumbled into my mouth.

"We're all meeting for dinner later, remember?" I responded as I kissed her.

"Then we have time for sex right now." She breathed, running her hands down my chest. I was only wearing my pajama pants & Demi was wearing my pajama shirt & I was turned on before she even started kissing me.

"Let's go up to the bedroom, just in case someone from my family decides to surprise us." I took Demi's hand & led her up to the bedroom.

We met my family for dinner that night at a fancy restaurant & of course the paparazzi was surrounding the place to try & catch the sexiest man alive being not so sexy. My brothers made fun of me so bad that night, but I knew they were just jealous.

The next day, Sunday, everyone was hanging out at our house, so Demi & I thought it would be a perfect time to tell everyone that at least one of our children was a girl. Demi wanted to tell them in a cute way, so we got an idea since the girls were all baking cookies all day. Everyone was decorating cookies together in either the dining room or the kitchen. Demi & I were sitting together at the counter in between the kitchen & the dining room. We both had a cookie we were decorating & we were huddled close together. Demi had an angel cookie she was icing with pink frosting. My cookie was also an angel but I iced mine half pink & half blue. On mine, I put a question mark in icing on the cookie. Demi wrote 'baby girl Jonas' on hers.

A plate was in the middle of the dining room table & everyone was putting their finished cookies on it. Demi stood up from her stool, smiling at me. "Okay, Nick & I made the cutest cookies in honor of our babies." She yelled, loudly. We put our cookies on the plate at the same time & stood back so everyone could look.