Chapter 13

Nick

I had a few shots with Wilmer & Joe & a few of Wilmer's friends & we shared lots of laughs, but then my head started to hurt a little. I needed to go find Demi so she could rub my shoulders & my head. That always helped. I excused myself from the guys & looked for Demi. I didn't see her anywhere inside. I saw Daria & my blood boiled. I still hadn't confronted her about the sex tape & this was not the time nor the place. I walked up to her, anyway. 

"Have you seen Demi?" I asked her. 

Daria's eyes were wide & she shook her head. "Nope. Not in a while. Maybe she left. Maybe you should find Olivia. They may be together." 

"Thanks." I walked away from her. I saw a server come in from the terrace & I stopped her. "Was there anyone on the terrace?" I asked her. 

"Yes. A young woman." She smiled & walked away. 

I saw Demi leaning on the railing & I could hear her sobbing. I went to her, quickly, scared to death as to why she would be crying. "Demi? What's wrong? Are you okay?" I touched her arm & she yanked it away. I hadn't seen her cry this hard in a while. I was freaking out. "Baby, talk to me." 

Demi turned to face me, her face wet with tears. She was crying really hard, wiping her nose with her fingers. I pulled a wad of tissues out of my pocket & handed them to her. "I... you..." She blubbered, shaking her head. I rubbed her arms, trying to calm her down.  

"I need you to calm down, so I can understand you. You're freaking me out, Demi. Please tell me what happened. Did someone hurt you?" 

Demi nodded, taking in deep breaths. It took a few minutes, but she finally slowed her crying. Her eyes looked into mine. "I need you to tell me the truth. I can't find out this is true, later. I don't even.... " She sucked in her breath & closed her eyes for a moment. "I don't even want to know it's true now." Her chin was trembling. "But I have to." 

"What now? What are you talking about?" I held my breath. My head was really pounding now. 

"Is there a chance...." Demi closed her eyes again & let out a few more sobs. What the hell had her so upset? She took a deep breath & opened her eyes. I hated seeing her eyes so sad & scared. I wanted to hug her, but I needed to know why she was so upset. "Is there a chance that you could be the father of Olivia's baby?"  

Was she serious? I wanted to laugh, but I could see how upset she was. I shook my head, afraid to speak, suddenly. I was mad & amused, so I was afraid of what would come out. 

"There's no way at all that she could be carrying your baby?" Demi asked, slowly, her eyes never leaving mine. 

I held onto her arms & looked directly into her eyes. "Not unless sperm stays in a woman's body for more than three years." I said, in the most serious tone I have ever used, in my life. 

Demi blinked a few times. "You didn't have sex with her after the wine tasting?" 

"No. We did not have sex. I have not had sex with Olivia since April 2015. I swear on my life. I am not the father of her baby. It is not even possible." I rolled my eyes & looked up at the sky. My head hurt so bad right now & I was so mad. "Who put this idea in your head?" 

"Daria said Olivia called her & told her you guys had sex after the wine tasting & then swore to not tell anyone." 

I never wanted to hit a woman before, but right now, Daria deserved a beating. I shook my head in disbelief. "I can't believe she told you that bullshit. I know she's lying. Olivia would never tell her that, because it's not true."