“You english have this complex, you see, you’ll do anything for that Queen of yours. The loyalty is almost sickening,” he spat.

    Ciel rolled her eye and yanked her chin away from his grasp. “Your morals certainly are rather warped if loyalty is something to be sick over.” She smirked suddenly as an idea struck her. “Though if it sickens you so, why do you want it from your men? It seems to me that if they weren’t loyal your little pack of rats would turn against you.... Perhaps they are even thinking of doing so now.”

    “Shut up!”

    The hand that met her face was enough to force Ciel back down to the ground, the taste of copper biting at her tongue. She swore she heard something crack as well, but she didn’t dare yelp or show any form of weakness. Ciel wouldn’t be giving him that satisfaction.

    “You need to learn your place, mariposa,” he bit out. “You’re in no position to be talking so bravely.”

    This was true, she was the one bound with belts and laying vulnerably on the floor while he was not. Yet she stubbornly refused to let this affect her actions. Ciel had never been one to willingly be submissive or succumb to the force of someone else. If she was going down it was going to be swinging. Plus she had a few trumps of her own, lurking just underneath her sleeve.

    “Now I ask that you withdraw any acceptance letters to the Queen and write a rejection, right now... or we’ll have to make you disappear.”

    Ciel stared blankly at him as she was once more hauled upright into a sitting position, a white sheet of paper and a pen shoved in front of her face. She blinked at the two pieces like they were alien to her, before looking up at the man in front of her with a small coy smile.

    “But I already sent the first.”

    “Don’t lie to me,” the man bellowed. “My men haven’t seen anyone come to the mansion or leave it since you left. No messages have been deliver by your either. So tell me where the original is so that we can destroy it.”

    “Do you really believe that would stop me from accepting?” Ciel questioned.

    He smirked, “The Queen won’t forgive your family twice, mariposa.”

    Ciel didn’t even bat an eyelash. If he had meant for that to be a low blow, she was the least bit affected by it. Ciel herself had called her father a coward in the past for turning his back on the family, away from his duty. He’d been born with a great responsibility to take when the time came, but instead he’d walked away from it. It was cowardly and Ciel had held no respect for her father in that sense.

    “Now tell me or else your pretty boy toy gets it,” he threatened.

    Ciel had to bow her head to hide her smirk. She had little concern for Sebastian, the demon could take care of himself just fine. Any harm he took would hinder him if anything at all. True, she was actually curious as to what could happen if he were to take a bullet. Would he even feel the pain? How long did it actually take to heal? The questions lingered, but mainly she only wanted to know who would win that short term battle: Sebastian or the gun?

    Clearing the smirk into a wide spread smile, Ciel lifted her head and inclined it to the side smugly. There was nothing about her expression that revealed fear and she knew it ticked off the man more than anything. He wanted a hostage he could hustle in order to get information out of them, but sadly he’d picked the wrong target to do so on. Ciel was, if anything, good at keeping secrets.

    “It would be nice to see if little puppies can play with a wolf.”

    A small chuckle was all her warning, before a boot came flying out to make contact with her stomach. The steel tipped toe dug in at an angle, catching her in the ribs as well. The air flew out of her lungs, flying out of her parted lips in a strangled gasp of pain. Ciel forced herself not to react besides that as the pain slowly began to dull until it matched the many other aches surfacing around her body. She’d just healed from the other incident and Ciel had a feeling Sebastian wasn’t going to be too happy to find that she had found herself in a similarly situation.