Ch 2 Familiar Faces

Chapter Two

    "Oh and don't you look just adorable in that outfit, Ciel!"

    Ciel sighed, limply allowing herself to be squeezed half to death by the overly loving arms of her aunt. She had known she'd be like this the moment the woman had seen her. It was the usual routine when she met with her mother's sister, which regretfully would be everyday now. Ciel sighed again at the thought. It would be troublesome to have her for her new anatomy professor.

    "White really compliments your eye color dear," the red head cooed, placing a hand on the sleeve of Ciel's sweater. "Though I really would wish to see you in a more vibrant color...such as red!"

    Ciel rolled her eyes, "Red washes me out, Aunt Ann."

    "Auntie Ann," she corrected instantly, brushing a strand of red from her face. "Now tell me, is the mansion to your liking?"

    "Well enough," Ciel muttered.

    She smirked to herself secretly. The lawyer would have been disappointed to hear that her choice of a bedroom had been the master's suite. She hadn't been about to let some idiotic notion about curses and such scare her away from the most spacious room in the whole mansion. Besides such things as curses didn't have a place in the physical world. It was silly even to believe in such things in the first place.

    "I'm glad to hear it, though it still worries me that my cute little niece is living on her own. You sure you still don't wish to move it with me? I have plenty of room for my favorite cute, little niece," the red head promised, crushing Ciel to her once more.

    Ciel nodded, pushing out of her grasp, "Yes, I'm fine on my own."   

    She pouted out her red lips, "You wound me, Ciel."

    The girl rolled her eyes once more, drawing her text books to her chest, "May I take my seat now? Class is about to begin after all."   

    The teacher nodded, looking sad about allowing Ciel to go. She simply brushed the look off, before slipping her way to the back of the quickly filling up classroom. Thankfully her first day had been pretty uneventful so far and no one had gone out of their way to bother her too much. She hated the attention that did manage to be direct her way though. Social scenes were very bothersome and wasted more time then they did in making up for it in the Phantomhive's mind.

    She was just pulling out a fresh notebook for this class when she felt, more than saw someone slide into the desk next to hers. Allowing her gaze to flicker to their shoes briefly, she held back a sigh.

    Just lovely.

    Ciel sat upright, looking straight ahead as she uncapped her pen. Beneath her desk, she crossed her fingers in silent prayer that whoever it was would just abandon all thoughts of bothering her and leave her be. Even she knew that the hopes were a lost cause before she'd even begun thinking them.

    " 'Ey, your the new student right?" A heavily accented voice asked from her left.

    Sighing, Ciel allowed her eyes to slide to the left. Unsurprising it was a male student, likely in his fourth year with the course being an advanced placement. He was bronzed darkly with mahogany colored waves of hair falling around his head. Dark eyes shone with excitement as he looked over at Ciel expectantly. She nearly groaned, but sucked it in last minute. Somehow she just knew he was going to be an annoyance.

    "Yes."

    "Your name's Ciel right?"

    "Yes."