Ch 6 A Royal Seal

A/N: Sorry for the wait, exams literally killed me. I'll try to update sooner int he future.

Chapter Six

     Within a few days Ciel deemed herself healed enough to attend school once more, much to the disapproval of Sebastian who would have kept her back had she not ordered him to give her no problems over it. It wasn’t that she was overjoyed to be back within the brick walls, more of that she couldn’t stand being cooped up when she felt the need to get something accomplished. Of course that something being anything other than drowning in the piles of files she was shifting through on the Funtom company. Ciel swore that if she had to look at another sheet of their near failing production and sale numbers anytime soon, she’d rip her hair right out of her head.

    Soma was energetic as always when he had greeted her, giving her a hug that literally squeezed the life right out of her before constantly hovering over her in concern for the rest of the day. It would have been a lie had she tried to say that he was just annoying. He was infuriating at this point, but being who she was, she sucked it up and dealt with the minor issue of being treated like she was made of glass.

    The last bell of the day signaled the end of her torture and she was glad to be able to escape the cramped classes and packed halls. Throwing her books carelessly into her bag, she zipped it up and tossed one strap over her shoulder. Unfortunately, Soma and Agni were right behind her like always.   

    “Are you sure you don’t want Agni to help with your bag?” Soma offered for the hundredth time that day.

    Ciel gave an irritated sigh and nodded, as she pushed her way through the flow of students all trying to get out. “I’m perfectly fine, Soma. Everything has healed up perfectly.”

    “Your eye hasn’t,” he pointed out, looking directly at the velvet eyepatch the teenage girl now wore over her left eye.

    Ciel brushed the tips of her fingers across the black piece of cloth gently, her thoughts turning in a very different direction then from what Soma had intended with his comment. Sebastian hadn’t been very far from her mind all day and it didn’t take much to drag the thought of the demon back. She still hadn’t quite gotten over the shock Sebastian had dealt her over his reveal of what role he’d be playing during their contract and, overall, the rest of her life. That damned demon of course only enjoyed teasing her with it to no end.

    “ ‘ello? Earth to Ciel!”

    Ciel blinked slowly at Soma, before shaking her head and delivering the boy a look conflicted with annoyance and confusion. The said idiot stopped flailing his limbs and looked at her with concern swimming in his dark eyes.

    “What?” Ciel snapped. “Is there something-.”

    She paused mid-sentence when her ears caught a conversation taking place just to the left of them. Interest piqued, she held a finger up to Soma to keep him quiet as she tuned in to what the gossiping pair of students were discussing as they walked slightly ahead of the three. It wasn’t usual for her to care about what other people said, especially air brained teenagers, but something about the topic brought a sinking feeling to her stomach.

    “Hanna texted me to say she saw him,” the blonde giggled shamelessly. “Said he looked like he walked straight out of a magazine or something.”

    The blonde’s companion chuckled, “Must be a college student if he caught her attention.”

    “Well, after she told me I had to check it out and for once she isn’t exaggerating,” the blonde flushed slightly. “He is be~yond gorgeous.”