Chapter 5 - Closer

Outside the University.

- ctto, SNU -

At the open ground of the Uni

At the open ground of the Uni. Jessica was chasing Yuri, she was running because Yuri was walking too fast.

"Ya! Stop!" Jessica shouted, she was panting.

Yuri didn't bother to look, he continued walking and it became faster so Jessica sped up.

"Ya! Kwon Yuri! I said STOP!" Jessica shouted angrily.

Yuri stopped and he turned quickly to face Jessica "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" His voice cracked, he was angry and hurt.

Jessica stopped in front of him and catching her breath. After a minute, she sighed deeply. Her breathing was back to its normal pace.

"Did you do that for me?" Jessica innocently asked.

"WHAT??"

"That makeover."

"So what?" Yuri was fighting back his tears.

"It didn't work and it will not work. I'm not really attracted to physical appearance you know," Jessica crossed her arms in front of her.

"You followed me just to say that? It just slapped me hard huh?" Yuri said in disbelief.

"But somehow... I like it."

"....." Yuri slightly tilted his head.

"You know why I don't like you? It's because you gave too many gifts."

"What? Is that a bad thing?"

"No but I'm not materialistic Yuri. I mean, after you gave your gifts you just walk away and didn't talk. Like seriously?"

"You don't like me because I'm ugly," Yuri bluntly said.

"Well, you're like ahjussi... but I didn't really mind it. I said I'm not into physical look. It's just... you're a geek, nerd or bookworm. You don't have time for yourself. I can see it Yuri. And I don't like it. How can you give time for me? You should manage it," Jessica said and concern clouded her features, she was profound.

"So if I change it, will you give me a chance?" Yuri was nervous yet excited to hear what Jessica's going to say.

"Chance? I don't think so."

Yuri bowed down and he was again, disappointed and hurt. Just a false hope of him.

"But we can be friends and know each other first?" Jessica added.

"...know each other first." It kept echoing in Yuri's mind. It's more than what he wanted. To be close to Jessica. It's more like giving him a chance as a suitor.