2.6

Ashton woke up in a hospital room with an IV hooked into his arm. He glanced around the room until his eyes landed on the training surgical doctor who was standing at the foot of his bed writing on his chart.

"Why am I here?" Ashton asked with a small voice as he still searched the room for his Luke.

The man glanced up letting Ashton have a better view of his face. He had light brown hair and bright green eyes. Ashton felt lost in the mans eyes. Had he seen these eyes before? Does he know this person?

"It appears that the stress of seeing the other patient, your child, undergoing surgery caused your heart to go into arrhythmia, or an irregular beat pretty much." He explained hiding his face.

"Oh, Is Felix okay?" Ashton asked as he tried to sit up in the bed.

"I can not inform you about him because we don't want to send you into cardiac arrest. Here is your chat though, please check if I spelled everything correctly." The man said sadly.

Ashton held the chat, and only saw one very confusing mistake as he read through it.

"You put Ashton Irwin? I think that is how you pronounce it. My last name is not Irwin, it's Hemmings: H-E-M-M-I-N-G-S." Ashton explained as he spelled the name for the man.

"Oh, I thought it was still Irwin." The man said erasing.

Ashton didn't hear the man say the word still. It most likely would have made this a much shorter story if he had heard him.

"What's your name?" Ashton asked quietly as the man wrote his name.

"It's Peter Grey, I'm training to be a surgical doctor." Peter said with a sad smile.

"Do you know where Luke is?" Ashton asked.

"I paged him. He should be here soon. I have to leave though. I have a few patients I have to check on. Goodbye Ashton." Peter said as he began to walk out of the room just as Luke came in.

This story would also be a lot shorter if Luke recognized who Peter actually was. Peter ran down the hallway, and into the elevator. Soon everyone will know the truth about the man who was in the elevator. They are just not going to know today. They have more important things to worry about. For example, that fact that Felix began to flat lining when Luke walked into Ashton's room.

_______________________________

Hello lovely!

Thank you so much for reading.

This is almost the halfway point in the book. 😭

I'm so excited for all this crap to unfold.

I've already sobbed writing the next few chapters.

Anyone have a girl or boy name?

Love xx.