0.4

It was a few days later when Luke got a call about Grace. The father wanted to speak to them. He ended up calling around two in the morning because of the time difference. Luke wasn't asleep because he was waiting for the call, so he answered.

"Is this the Hemmings residence?" A deep voice asked across the line.

"Yes." Luke said back quickly.

"So you're one of the two families that little b*stard could go to. How old are you two?" The man spat.

"18 and 22, and we have been married for a year and a half." Luke said calmly.

"Are you planning to adopt any other children besides my accident?" The man asked rudely.

Luke glanced at Ashton who was sleeping beside him, then spoke. "Of course. I want a big family."

"Would you pay for its plane ticket to where ever you live?" The man asked unamused.

"Of course!" Luke almost screamed.

"Okay, what is your wife's name so I can fill the paperwork out?" The man asked.

"Sir, my husbands name is Ashton Hemmings." Luke said proudly.

"You're a fa**ot? You deceived me you little c**k sucking brat. There is no way I'm letting you have that thing even if she's a mistake. She should be raised in a good home, not a sinners home. I'm calling the other family now you freak."

The line went dead a second later. As it died a part of Luke's heart did, too. Luke then pulled up his calling app and dialed a number.

"Hello, and welcome to the adoption hotline. This is Ashley, how may I help you?"