"Breathe, Annalise, breathe." She tells herself as she lowers her head to her pillow and pulls the covers up over her shoulders. "He'll be here."

~~~*~~~

                Edward slips through her window, very smoothly and quietly, then closes it behind him. He turns around and a smile spreads across his lips. She is asleep on her back with her blanket covering only her lower half. One arm is raised above her head while the other is resting across her body.

Edward crosses the room and gently lowers himself to her bed careful not to take her. He slowly reaches out and cups her jaw, caressing her cheek with his thumb.  Her skin is unusually hot beneath his palm and he closes his eyes as the heat travels up his arm and thought his entire body.

"What are you doing to me, Annalise Cullen?"

He opens his eyes and stares down at her face. Even asleep she is beautiful. Rosalie didn't hold a candle to how stunning she is. She looks so peaceful and at ease when she's sleeping and he didn't want to wake her. But, he remembers her telling him to wake her upon his arrival.

So, Edward lowers his lips to her ear. "Annalise." His voice is soft.

But she doesn't seem to show any sign of waking.

Again, he whispers. "Annalise, will you open your eyes for me? Please?" This time he presses his lips to her temple.

When she stirs beneath him he draws back and watches her eyes flutter open. When her eyes are fully open they instantly meet his gaze.

Edward smiles at her while caressing her cheek. "Hey."

Annalise forces back the joy and relief she that floods her entire being when she realizes he came for her. Instead, of responding with a verbal response, she sits up in her bed, takes his face in her hands and crushes her lips to his. His cold, marble lips feels warm and soft pressed against the own. 

Edward hesitates— not in the normal way, the human way.

Not the way a man might hesitate before he kisses a woman, to gauge her reaction, to see how the woman would respond.

Edward hesitates to test himself  to make sure he is still in control of his need, his desire, for her. Once he is sure he has full control of himself, he kisses her back. The kiss starts out slow and steady; Annalise's fingers are on his face while Edwards hands are on her arms, everything was fine until Edwards hands slid down her arms and rests on her hips.

Neither of them were prepared for what happens next, for her response to his sudden touch.

She pushes herself up onto her knees while her breaths came in a wild gasps. Her blood is boiling under her skin, burning in my lips and her hands. Her fingers then knot themselves in his hair, clutching him to her. My lips part as she breathes in his heady scent. His grip on her hips tighten, not painfully, and a low growl escapes his lips and before she knows what's happening she is on her back with him hovering above her. His lips are on her neck and she let's out a soft whimper when she feels his teeth gently nibble on her flesh.

With an unknown strength, unknown to Edward, Annalise flips him so that she's on top. Her lips are back on his and his hands are slowly sliding up and down her sides. Annalise, not really thinking about how Edward will respond, makes a trail of kisses over his jaw and down his neck, earning an animalistic growl from Edward. She smiles against his neck before taking it a step further. Again, she isn't thinking about how Edward will react when her tongue darts out to taste him.

Almost immediately she feels him turn to unresponsive stone beneath her lips,  beneath her touch.

Suddenly he is no longer beneath him but firmly pressed up against the wall at the foot of her bed.