"I won't let her die like this." Ashe answered back.

"She'll still die, even if you do this. Not physically, but inside, she will." Came Talon's voice.

"It's my decision!" Ashe angrily said.

'She's angry? Why? Ashe! What, what's happening?'

Much to her dismay, her hearing was muted for the second time.

'Damn it, what the fuck is happening?'

Within the span of time she's been given with the silenced darkness, she tried to remember what had happened before she was suddenly in this pitch black dimension of some sort. But, to no avail, she could not remember, not even a single pinch of memory, what had happened.

.....

.....

.....

.....

.....

"Katarina?"

'Ashe!'

"They're preparing you for surgery,"

'Surgery? What? What surgery? What for?'

"You've been shot, Kat. In the heart."

'What!?'

"I... I promise, I'll hold your hand throughout the surgery."

'Ashe... I... I don't want to die yet! I still want to see you again!'

"I promise that, Kat, and..." She heard Ashe sniffle. "I promise I'll always be by your side. Throughout your whole life, I'll always be by your side."

'Ashe... Please...'

"We found you a heart donor. You'll be alright."

'Oh, God... Thank fucking God! We'll see each other again, Ashe! Don't worry!'

"I'm sorry, Katarina..." Ashe suddenly apologized.

'What? Why... Why are you apologizing?'

"I'm so sorry for what I had said... And... I hope you forgive me for what I'm about to do..."

'W-What...?'

"I love you, Katarina... I love you so much."

'I love you too, maybe more than you love me.'

"Excuse me," A male voice spoke from the background. "We're here to prepare her for the surgery."

A few words were uttered in the background by a man, she assumed it was her father.

She felt something light and gentle touch her lips.

And now, for the third time, her sense of hearing and touch was shut off. It was getting irritating, honestly. Katarina decided to use her given time wisely. While she floated in the shadows, she began thinking about what she'll say to Ashe as soon as she wakes up from her surgery.

'Oh, I should probably thank the family of whoever it is donating their heart to me. I guess they should know that I'm fucking grateful.'

She began thinking about how she's going to surprise Ashe with her third monthsary gift. Yes, she's talking about the snowflake necklace.

'I'm sure she'll love it.'

Katarina then started to think how she'll hold Ashe and kiss her senseless once she wakes up from this endless blackness that's surrounding her now.