ACT 7

ACT 7

Ashe held her cellphone against her chest, while she watched LeBlanc settle behind her desk and conversed with a few members of the Black Rose. Presently, she sat on the leather couch place against one of the walls of the wide office.

She had answered Sierra's call when she was at the restroom a few doors away from LeBlanc's office, so the older woman didn't hear anything about the demand of her stepmother.

'I have to get to Katarina... I need to.'

Ashe stood up, instantly capturing the attention of the people in the room with her.

"Yes, Ashe?" LeBlanc inquired, looking at her with expectantly.

"I... forgot something at the restroom, I'm just, uh, gonna go back to get it."

"Alright,"

She nearly pumped her fist in success as she made her way to the door, trying her best to not appear tensed and troubled. She was already standing in front of the door and grasping the knob when...

"Oh, Ashe,"

"Y-Yes?" She snapped her gaze back to LeBlanc, while internally, she was giving herself a slap on the face.

'Don't stutter!'

LeBlanc, thankfully, seems to be oblivious with her true intentions.

"Take this," LeBlanc pulled out a small titanium revolver, giving it to one of the men, who then approached her and handed the firearm.

"Umm," She glanced twice between the revolver and LeBlanc before she focused her gaze on the leader of the Black Rose. "What's this for?"

"Safety precaution, what else?"

"Isn't this... illegal?"

The members of the organization released a few chuckles, while LeBlanc had to stop herself from shaking her head at Ashe's innocence and pure thinking.

"Consider it as a tool for self-defense, if it makes you feel better about it." LeBlanc suggested with a dismissive wave of a hand. "Now, go ahead and retrieve whatever you need."

Ashe nodded, tucking the revolver in a hidden pocket within her jacket with slightly shaking hands. As soon as she stored the sidearm, she quickly excused herself and left the office. On her way to the restroom, she passed by a few men, who gave her their small passing greetings. She replied to them with a few waves of her hands.

Finally, she reached the restroom's door, which is beside a window leading to a fire escape.

She looked over her shoulder first, and when she noticed that no one was present in the same hall she's in, she unlocked the window and pulled it open, stepping out of the building and onto the metal platform outside. Once she was outside, she pushed the window down and closed it before carefully proceeding down the fire escape.

With a few difficulties here and there, she finally reached the very bottom of the metal staircase. As quietly as possible, she unlocked the hook of the attached ladder and soundlessly lowered it down. When it finally reached its maximum limit, she climbed down, dismounting off the ladder and landing on top of a closed garbage trunk with a small metallic thud.

All that's left to do is to run down the alley and leave the premises.

Buzz! Buzz!

Almost as fast as lightning itself, she pulled her phone out of her pocket and checked her messages.

It's the address of Katarina's location.

Ashe pursed her lips for a moment before stuffing her phone back inside one of the pockets of her shorts.