Harry quickly scrambled from his bed and ran over to the window. He unlatched it with his shaky hands and sat down on the chair he recently moved there. He poked his head out the window and began looking - listening to anything that would give him some sort of sign that Blue was okay, but when the silence of the day continued to drag on, more tears fell down Harry's face.

Harry was panicking his own mind, worrying himself whether or not Blue would ever be skinned into a rug. He knew that rug in Stan's house wasn't his wolf, but he simply needed the reassurance that Blue was okay. He needed to know, but the silence he continued to hear only made him cry harder. It took a couple more minutes of Harry sobbing before he heard a loud wolf howl that snapped him from his tears.

Harry's head quickly shot up from where it was buried in his hands to stare out the window. He couldn't find any traces of his wolf, but there was something inside of him letting him know that the howl was from Blue. It left a sense of relief inside of Harry that finally willed him to calm down, and he knew immediately that his wolf was okay and that his wolf was letting him know that he was okay.

Harry got a few seconds of this relief filling his system when the front door to his house was suddenly thrashed opened. Harry shot up out of his seat and turned towards his bedroom door when he heard the stampede of someone running up his steps. It took a couple more steps before Harry could make out Ed running up to him, but the minute Ed stepped foot inside Harry's room, he crumbled to the floor and began choking on his own breath.

"Ed?" Harry cried, quickly sprinting to where Ed dropped on his floor.

Harry got to his knees as well and reached to touch Ed, but the minute Harry's hand came in contact with Ed's skin, Ed let out a horrific animal cry. Harry retreated his hands and watched as Ed fell to the side, clutching his throat while the veins on his forehead poked out and the skin on his body began turning purple. Harry let out a cry when he reached to touch Ed again, but he knew if he did that then Ed would let out another pitiful whine.

"What's going on?" Harry asked frantically, shaking his hands out in front of him because he didn't know what he could or couldn't do. "Why can't I touch you?"

Ed's face began turning beet red the longer he continued to choke for air. His hands were still wrapped around his throat as if it would help alleviate the pain he was feeling, but it was coming to the point where Ed's eyes were slowly starting to change colors, almost inhumanly. Harry tilted his head to the side and scooted closer to Ed, realizing his once pale blue eyes were shifting yellow, and his once human teeth were turning pointy. It was at the loud growl coming from Ed that finally snapped Harry out of admiring him before he was scrambling against the furthest wall away from Ed.

"Ed?" Harry cried again, wrapping his arms around his body and staring at his friend that was making a slow attempt in trying to leave the room.

Harry watched as Ed began rolling over to get on his hands and knees. He made the attempt to grab on to something to lift himself to his feet, but he was too weak. There was something in the room that was causing Ed to choke and remain on the ground, but the more Harry thought about what he could do to help, the more he considered taking his necklace off, the one thing Ed always ensured he kept on.

Harry unclipped his necklace and tossed it somewhere on his bed. He then scrambled forward and attempted to help again, but when Harry went to grab on to him, Ed let out another pitiful cry. "Now what?" Harry whined, nearly in tears as Ed fell back on the ground. "I don't understand."

Harry sat there useless as Ed tried moving again. He had enough energy to get on his hands and knees and look over at Harry, seeing that the boy had tears in his eyes and looked completely defeated. But the more Ed watched Harry, the more strength he started to develop. He suddenly got to the point where he was able to lift his hand up in the direction of the dresser behind Harry, and when Harry snapped his head to see what he was pointing at, Harry realized it was the flowers causing all this commotion.

Book 1: Into the Woods | Larry Stylinson ❀ [Werewolf AU]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें