3 - You're Hiding Something

Start from the beginning

"Shall we get started?" Stan asked after a few moments of silence, his eyes watching Harry carefully.

"Please," Harry muttered under his breath, wanting to do whatever he could to take his mind off of how strange Stan's home was.

Even though Harry felt uneasy the entire time being with Stan, they did manage to get their work done. If anything, Harry probably didn't need to meet with Stan to work on this project, but since Stan had been pretty adamant about them coming over, Harry couldn't refuse. By the time they were finishing up their project, Stan's mother was making her way through the front door with a vase of flowers in her hand.

"Hello, mum. This is Harry," Stan introduced, standing up and kissing his mother's cheek.

Harry stood up as well and walked over to greet Stan's mother, offering her a smile and shaking her hand whenever she released one from the vase. "Nice to meet you, Harry. I'm Genevieve Lucas. Would you fancy staying for dinner?"

Harry quickly darted his eyes over to Stan hoping he had the answer to the question. He wanted to polity decline, but his voice got caught in his throat when Stan's mother looked at him so kindly. It nearly made Harry feel guilty for thinking this family to be so odd.

"He has to go," Stan spoke for him, not paying much attention to the internal battle going on in Harry's mind. "But maybe another time he can stay for dinner."

Eve smiled at Harry, "No harm, sweetheart." Harry smiled in return and was fixing to head out the house when Genevieve suddenly stopped him with her hand around his bicep. She gently pulled Harry back and thrusted the vase of flowers in his direction, offering a kind smile that nearly left Harry queasy. "Please, take these. I hand picked them myself and are wonderful for house decorations."

"Thank you," Harry smiled hesitantly, trying to look as thankful as he could, but simply from getting a whiff of these flowers made him want to toss them away. It smelt like the house, and the house was creepy, so Harry didn't really want that reminder being in his own home.

Harry left shortly after with an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. He didn't like how Stan and his mother were standing at the top of their porch watching him leave. Harry could tell they were whispering something to each other, but he didn't know what exactly they were saying. So the second he got in his car and set the vase of flowers in the passenger seat, he quickly drove off to get home as fast as he could.

Harry made it home within seconds and quickly trudged up to his room with those damn flowers in his hands. He set the vase on top of his dresser before he was walking over to sit on his mattress. He planted his elbows on his knees and buried his head deep inside his hands, feeling the sudden weight of the day drowning him in his spot. He couldn't stop thinking. He couldn't stop worrying.

Stan had a wolf rug - on the floor of his living room. A rug that was skinned from a gray wolf - a wolf that could have been Blue. Harry was running with a million different thoughts through his mind that was starting to get him worked up and anxious. He didn't know what Stan was or what his family was capable of doing, but a part of him considered Stan to be a wolf hunter.

It made sense with all the deer heads on the wall and the weapons they had in the house. Especially with the wolf rug laying on his floor that led Harry to believe they took pride in killing animals. The thought alone sent a deep shiver through Harry's body, and it led him to the point where tears started to fill his eyes. Harry let out a pitiful sob at the thought of Stan hunting and killing Blue just to make his coat into a rug. Blue was a good werewolf, a protective one, and Harry hated to even think of such pain being inflicted on his wolf.