The Distance Kills Me

Start from the beginning

“Didn’t everyone hear you guys?” he questioned. Why the fuck did he have to ask so many questions? Why couldn’t we just walk in silence?

“Uh, no, they went to go get something to eat,” I answered, avoiding his eyes. I just wanted this whole conversation to be over.

“Wait, this was your first time, wasn’t it?” he asked, nudging my side with his elbow. The action make my cheeks get even hotter, if that was even possible. All I did was nod. “Little Midnight’s growing up,” he said sarcastically.

A few moments later, we were standing outside of our bus. “Glad your see you’re alive,” Blake greeted as Jeremy swung the door open. I was so glad that none of them knew what Jeremy knew.

“Guess what Midnight last night,” Jeremy practically squealed. I tried to clamps my hand over his mouth, but by the time I made it to him, he had already said it.

“Did you and Ricky fuck?” Blake guessed, obviously joking. When he saw my beat red face, though, his face turned into excitement. “Well, look at you, Midnight, getting all the guys,” he joked with a grin. Everyone was way too excited about this. Wasn’t it suppose to be a personal thing; between Ricky and me? Not between Ricky, me, and the rest of me band.

“Midnight’s getting all the guys?” Dan questioned as climbed onto the bus. He gave us a questioning look, obviously confused.

“Nothing, Dan,” I replied quickly, hoping they wouldn’t say anything. It felt weird having everyone know my personal business. Being such a private person, I didn’t really want them know.

“It’s not nothing, Midnight!” Midnight and Ricky-” Jeremy exclaimed, but this time I was close enough to cover his mouth. The end of his sentence came out muffled by my palm, but I could still tell what he had said.

“Did he just say what I think he said?” Dan questioned, grinning. God, it’s a miracle Jeremy hadn’t put the news on our website yet. It seemed like he was determined to tell everyone. I didn’t say anything, but my beat red face gave it away. “I can’t believe our little Midnight’s letting someone in,” he practically squealed.

“It’s not that big of a deal,” I muttered as my phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to see I had a text from Ricky.

Ricky: I miss u already :)

A smile instantly broke out on my face. “It must be lover boy,” Jeremy teased. Was it weird that Ricky seemed to make me the happiest person in the world? He seemed to have the power to change my mood instantly.

Me: Miss u 2 :) Where r u guys plating 2morrow?

I then made my way to the back of the bus, ignoring everyone’s remarks and settled into the privacy of the back lounge. We ended up texting for hours. It made the long dive go by much faster, but I wished we could be talking in person instead. I couldn’t believe that I missed him already and I had just seen him a few hours ago. Was this what love felt like? Missing the other person every single second of the day?

*************************************************

The next week and a half was a living hell. The teasing from everyone was relentless. I just kept missing Ricky more and more, but somehow we did it.

After those excruciating ten days, I woke up with a huge smile on my face. I practically jumped out of bed. “Today must be the day you’re seeing Ricky,” Jeremy guessed when he saw how happy I was. I just grinned in response and grabbed a t-shirt and jeans. I got dressed as quickly as I could and did my makeup. I had told Ricky I’d meet him as the venue they were playing at so as soon as I looked presentable, I practically dashed to where they were.