Chapter 23

Hau's POV

Why isn't he answering me? I asked him what happened and he never looked back at me since. "Gladion-"

"I'll tell you later."

"You're not going to tell me later, you're going to forget or avoid the subject-"

"We will talk about it later, Hau."

"Why can't we talk about it now? It's not bothering you're driving in anyway!"

"We will talk about it later," He grunted. "Where almost home anyways. So be fucking patient will you?"

Wow this guy is so rude. I can't believe I was in a relationship with him. I don't get it? Was he the reason why I lost 3 months of my memory? if that's the case then I- "We're here,"

He pulled up in a driveway in front of a small apartment building that only had one floor.

He parked the car and got out, leaving me inside the car.

I don't know why he was mad at me, I just was curious how I lost my memory, I want to know what happened. I didn't know it was a personal question. I opened the car door and walked out, closing the door behind me. "Gladion-"

"What."

"Why are you being so rude to me? I didn't even do anything wrong, jerk!"

"What? I'm not a jerk!"

"You're acting like one!!! Just tell me how I lost my memory!!"

"No."

"Why not??"

"Because I don't want to."

"Why don't you want me to know? Is it personal? Gladion please tell me. I just want to know." I pleaded.

After that it got quiet. He stared at me for a good while. His eyes where strained and I can tell he was starting to shake because he wanted to speak, but nothing but quivered air came out. "Gladion....?"

"It's all my fault..." Gladion mouthed.

"What do you mean? Gladion? You made me loose my memory?" I faded out.

He was getting worse. He began to shake and his breathing was becoming uneven. He didn't start to cry yet, but I know it was coming.

I didn't know what to do. I'm not good at comforting people I just met. I don't know him like that. I'm about to start freaking out, he looks like he's about to burst in to an emotional meltdown and I won't be able to stop it. "Gladion... You have to answer." I softly spoke, gently grabbing his wrist.

Gladion lowered himself slightly and grabbed onto my hand. I could feel his shake. I can hear the tears trapped inside his throat. "I-I" he stuttered badly.

"It's okay Gladion, you can tell me, I won't be upset,"I softly said to him.

"I-" he took a deep breath cutting his speech off. And it wasn't like a regular one, it almost sounded like he was choking on air. "Gladion...-"

  All the sudden Gladion fell towards the ground with his hands on the side of head and crying so loud it was almost like he was screaming!
"I'm so sorry Hau!! I didn't think you where going to try and kill yourself. I should have told the teacher I was skipping too. I'm so sorry Hau I'm so sorry!!!!"

"Gladion please! You're going to pass out-"

"I should have just waited. I should have just fucking waited. Why am I so difficult. Now you don't remember me. I almost killed you, Hau. I almost killed I'm so sorry!!"

"Gladion what are you talking about? You need to calm down please! I don't want you to hurt yourself!"

He shot his head up at me in response. His breathing became faster and it almost sounded like he was heaving. He still has tears flowing from his eyes like a waterfall, it was so much.

I feel so bad. He's been through so much I can tell. The poor thing. I just don't know what to do. He looks so hurt and I feel bad. I feel bad I can't do anything. "Gladion," I softly spoke.

Without hesitation I rose my hand up and gently placed my hand on his right cheek.  I felt the tears hit the brim of my hand gently. His cheeks were so soft... Even with the great amounts of dried up tears that remained.

What am I doing? I only known this guy for an hour! I can't be getting this close to him.

But he was calming down. He wasn't crying anymore, and his breathing was almost regular. He brought his hand up to mine, but it was trembling a lot. Almost like he was afraid to do whatever he was about to do.

Gladion sank his head slightly into my palm and placed one hand on mine, and another on my wrist. "You used to do this to me all the time... Because I was the type of person who gets upset easily..." Gladion mumbled.

"I'm sorry... I'm just... Really personal about the subject... Because it really was my fault, how you got your memory lost. You even said it before you..." He stopped and looked at the ground.

"Before I did what, Gladion?" I softly said.

Gladion only moved his eyes up at me when I had asked, then right back down at the ground. He took a deep breath, and started to talk. "When we first met you where shoving a malasada down your throat. I grabbed your hand To stop you, and you just took it the wrong way... I threw your hand..." He stopped.

"Keep going, I won't be angry," there I go again making promises I may not be able to keep.

"Well... I threw your hand and yelled at you, ignoring you for the rest of the day. Lillie, which is my sister by the way, called me that your grandpa said you had an emotional breakdown over what I did...." Gladion took another deep sigh and continued on.

"So the next day you apologized to me, even though you did nothing wrong... And I was told you are the type of person that does that. So, because I'm not patient... I pulled you out during second period to apologize, making you skip 2nd period..."

"The day Mr.Burgh, our second period teacher,  came back, he took you into his office and gave you a referral only because I had passed out and was rushed to the clinic. You ripped the referral in denial and ran out the school. You had the police chasing after you, Hau..."

"A-anyways. You ran to my house because you where terrified. Then you told me you got expelled... We walked to your grandpa Hala's house and he was beginning to throw threats at me and hitting me and throwing me because it was my fault this all happened. That's when you took his car and told me you where never going to forget me, no matter what, that's when you threw me out the car and you drove at high speed into some trees, while another one fell on top of you,"

I looked at him for a while. Wow. You know those people that loose somebody important in their life? And then they blame it on themselves? Then it's never their fault? Well not in this case.

I burrowed my eyebrows and quickly removed my hand from his cheek. "Hau...!"

"Wow. You weren't lying...." I chuckled slightly, standing up and brushing myself off.

  "It really is all your fault,"