chapter seven

DISCLAIMER- all of these ideas are the wonderful JAMES DASHNERs. I am not capable of coming up with such a great book idea. I only own willow:) hope you enjoy

It was only me and Chuck waiting at the doors the next morning hoping that our friends would be waiting there for us.

As the doors scraped open with rocks flying we discovered that our hope wasn't the reality. There was no sign of our lost friends.

"They are gone, Chuck. They aren't there." I said ready to stomp away and cry again.

"Willow stop! Is that them?" Chuck was stumbling over his words he was talking so fast. At the end of the long corridor, it was Thomas and Minho trudging along. Man, they look like death. I shook that thought out of my head. Where was Alby?

"Newt!!" Chucks screaming woke me from my daydream. Newt easily heard the screaming from the gardens. He ran as fast as his ankle would allow.

"What the bloody..." He trailed off his words when he laid eyes on Minho and Thomas. By this time a crowd has gathered to see what the commotion was.

"Somebody go get them some water!" I yelled. I wasn't expecting anyone to listen to me but two boys sprinted towards the kitchen. Minho and Thomas tumbled over the threshold from the maze to the glade.

"You alright boys?" Newt asked with concern in his voice.

"Does it look like we are ok Newt!" Minho screamed in his face. Newts' eyes widened for a second then you could see the anger boiling in his eyes.

"Ok Minho." Newt stuck his finger to Minho's chest "I don't know what you just went through but I'm just concerned!" Newts eyes were on fire.

"Newt I'm sorry man. I'm just exhausted" Minho's eyes filled with worry. Newts' face softened and he just shook his head.

The boys came back with bread and tins of water. They mumbled thanks and then scarfed down what they were given.

"Alright let's get you guys up to the med-jacks. We will talk about all of this later and also figure out what we have to do with Tommy." Newt said and pointed to Thomas. Thomas's eyes got wide.

"Hey, don't forget Alby," Thomas said with urgency under his breath to Minho.

Thomas's eyes flicked around the group surrounding him, almost as if he was afraid to be speaking, when his eyes meet mine, I couldn't force myself to look away so I gave him a friendly smile. He smiled back, relaxing.

"Oh yeah, that shank is up there in the ivy" Minho pointed behind him out into the maze.

I saw him immediately. His almost lifeless body hug from a thick vine of ivy tied tightly around his chest. Dried blood covered some of the left side of his face.

"Ok, we'll get some shanks to go get him," I could hear the heartbreak in Newt's voice. His best friend is hanging there almost dead.