As normal, and thankfully with less people due to the absence of the girls, we file into the lifts and down to the parking lot where the vans await. There's 18 of us, plus the managers though it's only my uncle and Manager Kim driving - the rest are meeting us at the venue.

It doesn't take long to drive there but as we approach, the streets are filled with media and paparazzi, let alone when we get to the entrance itself. Whilst there is no red carpet or media stops along the way, there's certainly a lot of fans as well as photographers and journalists, no doubt looking for a scoop.

The two vans pull up and the boys all file out but form a circle around where I exit. I suppose they don't want me so openly exposed to the public just yet but there's no other way in. As they walk forward, I do so with Chenle holding onto my arm to make sure that I don't trip or fall. A couple of the others also walk behind me and it's nice to feel so protected by them. They truly are like the older brothers I never had, surrounding me on all sides.

It's as we reach the entrance, doors being held open for us, that I stop and look behind me, gawping slightly at the huge amounts of fans holding exo, shinee, f(x), snsd, red velvet and NCT banners. I watch as the vans drive off before somebody pulls me inside and the doors shut, effectively blocking my view before too many cameras can snap a picture.

I turn now to look at the finery in front of me. It's obviously an expensive hotel with a large foyer and winding stair case. There's at least two hundred people - managers, idols and important staff - milling around. In comparison to half the women here, I look downright shabby. They're in all their long, flowing gowns with beautiful necklaces and expertly done make up. They're in a sea of coloured fabric, lipstick mouth constantly dancing while they're eyes glimmering in the light. I'm nothing compared to them.

I spot exo members, shinee members, snsd members and multiple others chatting and milling around laughing with each other like old friends. Before I properly have the chance to take everything in though, one of the guys grabs my arm and takes me through to the main ballroom where it's being held.

All around the room, there are multiple tables surrounding a dance floor and in front of a small stage. Once again, there's a lot of people - most of whom are stood around talking with one another. I guess it's not time to dance yet since we still need to have our dinner as well as the customary speech from Lee Soo Man which rounds off the year - or at least that's what Mark told me.

Jisung, Chenle and I hunt around for our places whilst the others all head off to mingle. It's weird thinking that together, we form the maknae line of the entire party and are the youngest here. At least that'll mean we can probably get away with a few extra things. Eventually though, we locate ourselves. Jisung is on a table along with Jeno and Jaemin with Kai, Krystal, Taemin, a couple of snsd members and Wendy of Red Velvet plus one of the managers - I'm not sure who.

Meanwhile, on our table, it's just Chenle and I with Manager Hong - one of the girl's managers - Suho, Sehun, Leetuk, Onew, Amber, Chen and one of the senior staff members, who Chenle explains is one of the instructors. It should be a good table though I can tell I'll be a blushing mess by the end of it with both my exo bias (suho) and bias wrecker (Chen) plus my shinee bias (onew) and favourite female artist (amber) sat there. Oh, and Chenle to make my life a living hell. No doubt he'll be full of embarrassing and totally hilarious stories.

By the time we're all sat down and beginning our dinner, it's around 8 o'clock. I must admit, it's very funny watching everybody struggling to find their places on about twenty different tables of ten and it makes me grateful that Jisung, Chenle and I were sensible enough to do it earlier.