16| Heartbreak Between Us

Start from the beginning

"I'm proud you've grown up!" Sam slapped my arm again. I'm really going to kill him someday for that.

"Did she kiss you back?" Brian asked me.

"Yeah she did," I know we were gossiping like girls now. Heck, I was even blushing a bit.

"Um...I'm going to class," I said, turning towards my first class. I couldn't control my cheeks from turning red as I remembered my first kiss. It played in my mind repeatedly.

My first class was History. I shared the class with Claire.

I felt like a nervous wreck again. I hope she wouldn't kill me for what I did to her on Saturday night. But if she didn't like that I kissed her, she wouldn't have kissed me back. Maybe she liked me too.

I entered the class. Claire still hadn't come. I slid into my seat. Claire sits beside me in this class. I hope that wouldn't change after that night.

Soon enough she walked in and scanned the classroom till her eyes met mine. Her eyes widened and she dropped her gaze immediately. I was disappointed. Our stare didn't even last for two seconds.

Even from the distance, I saw her cheeks taking a shade of light pink. She was blushing. She looked so cute when she blushed. It made me want to kiss her again. I wondered if I would ever get to kiss her again.

She walked towards me. Okay. She was coming to sit with me. So everything was okay.

But it was not. She walked past my seat and as my eyes trailed at what path she was taking, I was again disappointed as she took a seat quite far away from me.

Yep. It was not okay. I was such an idiot. I shouldn't have kissed her.

I felt pain. Pain that she was not sitting with me. Pain that she probably thought of me as a guy who only used girls. Pain that she didn't like me back. But mostly, pain that maybe I ruined our friendship too.

The class started and the teacher babbled about something to us. But I couldn't concentrate.

I decided to apologize to her after class. I would beg her to forgive me, maybe even bring some flowers to cheer her up so that she would forgive me. If not something more, I at least wanted to remain her friend. I would accept that. She didn't feel the same way towards me. And I respect her choice.

As soon as the class got over, I quickly picked up my bag and walked towards her. But however, she had different plans. As soon as she saw me walking towards her, she quickly placed her bag strap over her shoulder and quickly walked away from me.

Okay. She wanted to avoid me. I thought she needed some space. That made me feel bad. But I still got lunch period to talk to her.

The rest of the classes went on rather slowly. More slowly than usual for me. But finally lunch break came and I hopped out of my seat from my class and strode over to Brooke's class. I know girls like to talk to their best friends if something happened no matter if it was good or bad.

Brooke walked out of her class a minute or two later and waved at me as she saw me. Behind her was Brian. They had the same Chemistry class together.

"Ugh, Jake! What a douche of a friend you have." She said, referring to Brian. I chuckled. She had no idea what he really wanted to be with her like. That idiot wouldn't admit but I knew better. They looked cute together.

"Yeah he is a douche. Now Brooke I want to ask you something really important. You will help me, right? You promised me," I said quickly.

She raised her eyebrows at my serious and urgent tone. "Sure I will. What is it? Is everything okay?"