THE WALK

DISCLAIMER: This story solely belongs to me that might be India forums or wattpad. All rights reserved.
___________________________________

"God knows what made Jijashree do this. I don't want to walk with him.", Urmila thought as they paced their way to the palace.

" Isn't it a coincidence that we are together yet again. How should I tell Urmila? ", Lakshman thought.

************************************
" What are you thinking? Get in quick..", Urmila said as she slipped in the manhole.

Lakshman was unsure as it was pitch black inside. He was nervous as to where his jump would land him. Being a warrior harboring such thoughts was a shame and Urmila rightly pointed out that.

"Is the warrior scared to jump? Don't worry. Your clothes won't stain again", her voice echoed from beneath.

" That's your misconception", Lakshman's ego was hurt and he slid down only to find his feet on a staircase.

He was astonished as to how the path was build.

He walked down the stairs to reach the ground where Urmila waited for him.

"Isn't it wonderful?", her voice sounded enthusiastic even when her face was not visible clearly.

" And before you become scared of the dark let me show you there", she said and walked forward.

She brought a burning log of wood which radiated their faces in the hues of yellow and orange.

His lips curved up slightly in a smile which reached his eyes. She reciprocated the same and they stood that way for a couple of minutes.

************************************
They walked silently for the next couple of minutes.

"Why are you dancing Shruthkirti?", Mandvi asked infuriated.

" Because I am happy. I won't have to stay alone in Mithila after you all leave. Its good that we all leave together. ", Shruthkirti jumped with joy.

" Kirti be careful. You will fall down. Nobody jumps on the bed like this. Get down", Sita ordered.

"I won't. In fact Urmila didi would have jumped with me if she would have been here."

"Kirti... Even if we leave Mithila together we won't stay together. It is so obvious that we will live in different kingdoms", Mandvi said.

" Oh yes!!! I never thought that", Shruthkirti sat with a thud and the bed vibrated.

The girls looked at each other. Shruthkirti was very disappointed.

"It would have been so better if we left Mithila together to the same kingdom", Mandvi muttered to herself.

It reached Shruthkirti's ears.

" That's what I was trying to say these days Mandvi didi. But you won't listen", Shruthkirti blabbered.

"What?", Mandvi was shocked.

"What what? What you said right now. I affirm your thoughts. But look at our fate Bade pitaji is planning to invite Rajkumars from various countries and we will have our swayamvar.", Shruthkirti replied.

This disappointed Mandvi even more. Shruthkirti enjoyed the look on Mandvi's face.

" Raghunandan!!! What's happening!!!", Sita thought...

"Sitae!!! Wait for my letter to arrive", Ram replied her in his thoughts.

"Aaahhhh!!!!", Urmila's foot slipped on the stone which was in her way.

Lakshman held her hand and pulled her behind to save her from falling.

" Do you have the habit of slipping? Can't you walk properly? ", Lakshman was furious.