INTERROGATION: 1

"So tell me", Ram's words snapped Lakshman out of the flashback.

" N....Nothing... Let's go Mother is calling ", Lakshman rushed outside without meeting his brother's eyes.

Ram stood smiling. The only thought that crossed his mind that he couldn't be fooled by his brother whatsoever the reason might be. He knew something had transpired between the two which was yet hidden. But being a stranger to the facts was acceptable to Ram as he sensed the possibilities of what could happen. The thought made him happy.

" I hope you too are happy Sitae", his mind mumbled....

Sita smiled as she sat on the bed in her room.

"How could I not be Raghunandan", her mind whispered.

They felt blessed to have shared such beautiful connection. They felt each other even when they were away. They sensed each other through miles. They read each other without words. They were like open books to each other.

" Didi!!!!!", Urmila rushed to her sister.

Sita's smile vanished as she heard Urmila's voice. Her face lost colour and expressions became stoic. She made herself busy with her daily chores of arranging the pillows on the bed. The ignorance was visible to her younger sister which broke her heart even more.

"Didi why are you ignoring me?", Urmila pulled her sister's hand and pushed her on the bed. Sita sat down astonished at her sister's antics.

" See what's happening.. And people call me short tempered", Mandvi entered in the room with Shruthkirti.

"Mandvi didi you stay out of this please", Urmila warned her.

" Why are you yelling at her?", Sita asked Urmila in a calm tone.

Urmila was surprised as she didn't get to hear any scoldings.

"Didi please scold me. Shout at me. Why are you so calm?", Urmila rushed to Sita's feet.

" Did you think before saying anything then? Did you think once before going?", Sita asked.

Urmila lowered her gaze in embarrassment.

"I know. I shouldn't have gone. I became insecure. I felt left out. So I stormed off in anger", she admitted sheepishly.

" You are like a child. Naive, serene, pure and kind", Sita caressed her cheek.

Urmila looked at her sister in amusement and recalled Lakshman's words. She smiled as the thoughts poured in.

Sita shook her by her shoulder and broke her trance.

"What is it?", Sita lifted up her chin to which she blushed.

Sita smiled.

" From where did you come to the Puja?", Mandvi asked ferociously.

"Why so?", Urmila stammered with the fear of being caught.

" Look at yourself.. You were dressed in grass, twigs, leaves and what not", Mandvi huffed.

"Oh!!! I didn't realize it", Urmila said as she circled around in her flowy lehenga.

"Where were you by the way?", Mandvi asked again.

" With Rajkumar Lakshman ", Shruthkirti exclaimed.

The sisters looked at her.

Urmila looked down.

" What makes you think so?", Mandvi asked.

"Rajkumar Shatrughna told. He said these two were up to something", she continued.

" What can one expect from someone who stays with Rajkumar Bharat ", Mandvi scoffed.

Sita and Urmila looked at each other. Shruthkirti rolled her eyes in confusion.