THE LETTER

"Raghunandan, I hope you have known what I have observed. Is this a start of something new? My heart flutters at the thought. If it happens it will be so good"

Ram read the letter and smiled. He knew his better half was curious to know of what would happen next. Nothing escaped his sharp eyes. And so did Sita too notice. He peeped out only to watch Urmila strolling on the ground fidgeting with her fingers.

************************************

"Aahhh!!!", Urmila shrieked as their heads hit again.

Dwelling on Ram's remark they looked into each other's eyes.

" Where did you come from?", she frowned.

"What do you mean? I came from outside", he replied modestly.

"That doesn't mean you come and bang your head with mine", Urmila rubbed her forehead.

************************************
Urmila heard someone's footsteps approaching her. Turning around she found Shatrughna with a tumbler in his hand.

" Have some water devi. You must be thirsty", Shatrughna handed her the glass politely.

"Thank you so much", Urmila drank some water.

" I hope everything is good at home", he smiled.

"Yes it is", she smiled handing over the tumbler.

"Mandvi ji must be busy with preparations. Even Shruthkirti ji. Isn't it?", he asked eagerly.

" Yes. In fact everyone is busy with wedding preparations. ", Urmila smiled.

" That's great. Really great ", Shatrughna was about to continue when he heard Lakshman.

" Don't trouble her. Guruji is calling you. Look what he wants you to do", he ordered.

Shatrughna made a hasty leave and Urmila kept on staring at lakshman.

"You didn't get the letter yet?", Lakshman asked.

" No. Am waiting for his reply", she replied looking away.

The sun had set and surroundings became dark.

"I am sorry Sitae. I have to do this", Ram thought.

He watched the two outside.

"I wonder why is it taking so long?", Shruthkirti asked Sita.

" She'll come soon.", Sita affirmed as she felt what Ram wanted.

"Its getting dark.", Shruthkirti ran from here to there and vice versa.

"Will you be quiet for sometime?", Mandvi suggested

" Why are you so impatient?", Sita asked.

"I was making a gift for jijashree and his brothers. And one for you. So that you don't forget us when you go there", Shruthkirti sat down making a long face.

" How can I forget you all ever?", Sita smiled.

"No. Not like that. But see, first you'll go. Then mandvi didi and Urmila didi. An the youngest. I'll be left all alone. Nobody thought about me", She sat dejected.

" Oh yes!!!! How could we miss that? Let's do one thing. Let's get you married in the same mandap as Didi's. ", joked Mandvi.

Janak overheard their talks and his mind raced for something really important.