THE SECRET PATH: 2

Sita's displeasure and Urmila's disappointment didn't go unnoticed by Ram and so was Lakshman's concern. Ram kept looking at his younger brother as others dispersed from the scene.

"What is it bhai?", Lakshman asked Ram conscious of the constant attention he had received from his elder sibling.

" That I want to know. What is going on?", Ram folded his arms to his chest and glared at him even more.

"Nothing bhai", Lakshman replied hesitantly gulping down with difficulty.

The stained clothes had already made a grand appearance. Ram didn't fail to notice them. Others ignored them for the sake of auspicious time but Ram made a note of everything.

" What's wrong with your clothes?", he asked Lakshman.

Lakshman pulled his feet behind reluctantly. In an attempt to hide the clothes his feet were restlessly moving back.

"Its not helping Lakshman", Ram chuckled at his antics.

Lakshman lowered his gaze in acceptance of his defeat.

" As I see you have nothing else to do you are free to speak", Ram smiled.

************************************
Lakshman climbed branch by branch to reach his 'beloved'. 'Beloved'? It was tough to figure out what it was. Lakshman quietened his super fast racing brain which was busy making assumptions of the bond that the two shared.

"So have you figured out?", Urmila asked him as she played with the leaves.

"Why are you doing this Urmila?", he asked her defeated.

" What am I doing?", she was puzzled.

"Stop being stubborn", he told.

" So say out loud that you accept your defeat. ", she smirked.

" In what?", he rolled his eyes in confusion.

"You didn't find the secret obviously", she replied with an air of pride in her tone.

" Am not bothered about the secret. Am scared for you..", he said finally settling down on the thickest branch.

"What are you saying? Are in your mind? Don't you think you are presuming things?", her blabber went on.

" Ssshhhh!!!", he hissed showing her his index finger.

"Now you'll listen and I'll talk. Do we agree on this?", he sounded authoritative.

For the first time ever Urmila felt the intensity of his words. She was intimidated by his seriousness and those deep eyes which did soothe her even in despair.

" Why do you think you are ignored? Everyone loves you Urmila. Sita Bhabhi pampers you as her own baby. Nothing is sane without you. Nobody shows but everyone cares. There's no life without you. There's no joy without you. Nobody talks but they have this in mind. They all are missing you. Your absence is making everything difficult for them. Shruthkirti and Mandvi ji are rushing with preparations all by themselves. Sita Bhabhi is caught in a dilemma. She doesn't show but you are the first one to cross her mind.", Lakshman gave a long lecture.

"But no one came to see me", Urmila complained as tears streamed down her cheeks.

" Yeah they didn't because they knew whatever happens their Urmila is the strongest. And look at you.. You are behaving like a child. Not that you are not.", Lakshman explained her with actions.

"What do you mean?", she frowned.

" Nothing ", he bit his lip cursing himself under breath.

" You called me a baby. You mean am an immature fool. You mean I lack sense. You mean I do things purposely. ", she went on in anger.

" No I don't.", he smiled at her calmly.

"Yes you do", she huffed.

" You are a child. You are a baby. You are too naive and innocent. You are pure and kind. You are just like a kid who means nothing ill. You are what you are inside. Serene, pure and honest.", he narrated as she looked on.

"Guess what... You have impressed me.", she let out her breath which she had held in disbelief.

" I knew that ", he muttered to himself.

" What?", she raised her eyebrows.

"Nothing. Let's go. We are late", he smiled.

She got down the tree and he followed her.

As they reached down, Lakshman made his way to the stream from where he came.

" Where are you going?", Urmila asked him.

"Back to the temple", he told.

" I don't want you to fall ill. Come this way", she guided him.

"Really?", Lakshman smiled at himself.

Any remark from her made his heart dance with excitement.

Lakshman followed her. She took him to the dead end of the path. The pavement was full of grass. The grass was green, full and even. She's stood at the end and looked at him. He reciprocated her look with confusion. Bending on her knees she lifted that laid beneath. The layer of grass came out along with the rock. It seemed like a manhole.

" What's that?", Lakshman asked.

"Secret path", Urmila beamed with joy.

"I see", he smiled.

************************************