second glimpse: variation #2

***

Twirling helps blur out any unfriendly faces, something I have found to be self evident many times over the course of my short life.

But evidently, her presence chases those unfriendly faces away much more efficiently and permanently than any twirling ever could.

***

She was just kind of standing there, somehow in front of me. The crowd melted away like water in the heat.

I search for words that might come across as meaningful, coming across none that might effectively grasp the gravity of the situation, yet still come across as nonchalant, relaxed, effortless. So much for a seemingly limitless vocabulary.

She looks at me, head slightly cocked to the side, the metaphorical gears in her mind metaphorically whirring, and I am gratified to realize that she's going through the same battle as me.

***

So she walked away and I watch her, knowing that the time wasn't right for us to speak. I am, strangely, not at all bothered by her lack of communication. Instead, I look forward to the time when we will meet and talk as old friends or lovers are wont to do.

Once speaking to her seems as natural as breathing, I will be the first to open my mouth and bridge the gap of amiable silence and likely never stop

***