Episode 14 - Daleks of Tatooine

A cruiser snaps out of hyperspace and is immediately washed in the glow of two suns. The primary planet was like a dust ball in the blackness of space. The Keldabe-class Battleship was long and thin at the front, with the rear half looking like a fighter jet. The bridge was parallel to the front half, and just as long, while placed at the back. It was on this bridge that the crew of Mandalorians stood watching the planet.

"I still don't understand why we don't just run. Leave them to it," a blue-armoured Mandalorian says.
"They would just hunt us down," the other, a black armoured Mandalorian, informs solemnly. "We all saw the report from LeRane. And besides, being on this side allows other things to be dealt with."
"What like? You want to take them out?"
The one in blue gets no reply to that.
"This report needs to be made. I'd rather not think about even more Daleks wondering around, but better to show support."
"Sir! A shuttle will be ready to take us down in a minute."
Krayt Skirata turns around and walks to the rear of the bridge where the lift pods were. Before entering one, he quietly says "At least for now."

On the surface of Tatooine, within a palace that had once belonged to a Hutt Lord, Dalek Zane waits with eye stalk pointed up. It was waiting. It hoped the report would be good, but even if not, there were more important things that needed to be dealt with. For one, Rizon had done a good job with keeping the leadership here under cooperation, but some things needed to be made official.
Zane had a feeling the people here had never been worried about a strong occupation for some time now. Only a select few knew of the Daleks, but everyone knew of the Mandalorians. That would work favourably when it came to revealing themselves – two threats working together. Fear would put the population of the planet in line, and fear they would need if this planet was to remain a working base.
A shuttle descends to the palace, and Zane's eye stalk follows it down. Once it lands, the leader – the one all in black – walks forward and addresses Zane while others filed out from the shuttle. Zane notes that this shuttle looks like a small version of those battleships they parade around in.
"We are sorry, supreme leader, but we could find nothing else relating to the conversion technology on Cyrillia."
"We do not need it," Zane says. "Soon the technology will be ready for use. As for now, we have other matters to attend to."
"What are we doing?" Skirata asks.
"Helping to rule this planet."

Skirata knew that Jabba the Hutt had once lived in this palace over a thousand years ago, and that it had been taken over after his death by opportunists. Not one had lasted very long, but then a rich family had moved in. Stripped of anything harmful, completely cleaned over, and rebuilt, the family had lasted to this day. They had taken a rule to this planet, and that rule had also lasted.
Now, Skirata was to meet with the head of the family. Some man called Thalos. The meeting room was a small chamber off the main one, and had only a circular table with a few chairs scattered around. Skirata was stood to one side of Dalek Zane. The idea was to pose an intimidating figure. The black armour usually did that.
Thalos walked in with swagger, dressed in a black business suit. Sharp featured, this was a man Skirata knew found himself important. He did seem a little worse for wear though. Perhaps it was fear that his rule was coming to an end. People who had no-one to challenge them grew arrogant that they could remain with their power. Some did. Others would suffer for it. It was time to inflict some more pain Thalos' way.
"This will be a meeting to discuss the operations, I assume?" Thalos asks.
"In a way," Skirata replies. He had no reason to inject menace into his voice. The vocoder of his helmet sounded that way naturally. "The only thing I would like to enquire about is what you do here."
"I rule. Plain and simple. Two garrisons of Stormtroopers are mine to command, acting as a police force. Not that there's much for them to do. A lawless planet doesn't need its every action dictated, but should trouble start to happen, the troopers will step in."
"Stormtroopers... They have armour we could use. How much spare armour do you have?"
"We would be happy to give you any armour we have." There was something in his voice. Something like surprise. That he didn't ask what the armour was for was a smart move. Skirata couldn't even give an answer, but the Mandalorian supplies of Stormtrooper armour were running low, and this looked like an opportunity to get more without having to steal it.
A new Dalek then enters the room. Skirata was used to seeing Zane with its black shell, and Volk with its dark brown, but never had he seen a shell that was ice blue before. With two Daleks present, Skirata could see Thalos stiffen a bit. It seemed something had happened on this planet to make him fear them already.
"This will be a meeting to merge the might of the Mandalorians with the power of Thalos' rule," Dalek Rizon states. "This planet will remain a base of the Daleks, and any who oppose will be exterminated."
"I- I accept," Thalos says with a slight quiver. "The Mandalorians will merge with us. This will be a base for the Daleks."
"And I give my word as well," Skirata comments. "The Mandalorians will help protect this base from anyone who seeks to destroy it."
And with those few statements, the meeting was closed and the deal agreed upon.