Episode 10 - Fight For Life

The journey back to The Ark has DarkRula thinking of the conversation. Of what could have been done differently the first time he was here. Repeating what he had just done would have been a start, but he'd followed orders instead. Following orders could save you from injury or death. Or it could be used for the exact opposite reason. Forcing someone into injury. Or death. Or causing the death of another.
So while the shuttle heads back to The Ark, plans are put in motion elsewhere. Outside DarkRula's control. Both with those he trusts, and those he considers enemies.

The shuttle landed in the main hangar, and almost immediately DarkRula and The Doctor departed from it. Through The Ark and up to its bridge, neither one said a word.
The doors to the bridge open, and a battle droid is stood waiting by them. Commander colours.
"Sir," it says. "The Jedi Council are wanting to talk to you."
DarkRula sighs before moving to the comm station and activating the receiver. "Jedi DarkRula, awaiting orders."
"Ah. Golden," Tee Vol states. DarkRula flinches at the use of his proper name. "We would like you to return to Ilum. Immediately."
"Um, any particular reason? We are on the other side of the galaxy."
"Yes. I know that. But what needs to be said needs to be done face to face."
"Okay. Returning to Ilum, as ordered." The link is cut, giving DarkRula freedom of speech. "Why they had to make a base on Ilum I will never understand. It's the farthest place in the galaxy."
"There are planets nearer to it, you know," the droid commander says.
"Well, all right. Coruscant and the Core planets, yes. But either way, you heard what I said. Get us to Ilum."
The preparations are started. During this, the droid commander asks "Will you be taking an escort with you?"
"Of course not. Traffic Security will probably raise the alarm as soon as this cruiser comes out of hyperspace. What will the rest think if I had a battle droid escort?"
"Um..." the droid says.
"Well, I can do bet-" The Doctor starts.
"They'll think it strange, that's what. And no, Doctor. We are not using the TARDIS."
"I was only enquiring because I just saw on the computer that it'll take us three days and possibly over to reach this Ilum."
"That's exactly the point. The Jedi Council are going to wonder how we managed to get across the galaxy in less than an hour, or do you really think they'll let it go unnoticed. I haven't told them anything about you, and I'd prefer to keep it that way."
The Doctor remained quiet.
"Good. Now, are the preparations finished?"
"Yes, sir," one of the battle droids on duty say.
"Off we go, then."
The Ark jumped into hyperspace. DarkRula turns and leaves the bridge.

"Finally! Four days! Now we can finally find out what they want!"
The Doctor looks askance at DarkRula, but it is one of the droids that asks the question first.
"Should you really be talking about the Jedi Council that way, sir?"
"Probably not, no. But why can't I get my next instructions through a comm meeting like I usually do?"
"Stop being impatient," The Doctor says. "The important thing is to get you down to the surface, get this meeting finished, and then go."
"Yeah," DarkRula sighs. "You're probably right."
"How are you getting down there, sir?" a droid asks.
"The Scimitar, of course."
"Right... Well, good luck sir."
DarkRula indicates for The Doctor to follow. In the lift, through to the one remaining connecting lift, and into the main hangar.
"The Scimitar always stays in a safe and personal hangar of mine," DarkRula informs The Doctor.
"Why not leave it on the tower hangar?"
"I don't trust the security up there."
"The TARDIS will be alright though?"
"Hey, like you said. No-one's getting inside it without your permission."
"Yes..."
DarkRula ran through the security process with the droids, and the grate opened to allow the Scimitar to pass into the wider hangar. Out into space and down to the planet below, DarkRula was pleased to see they had finally added more measures to keep the cold out in the hangars.
The icy winds were still the same, as were the freezing temperatures. The ice sculptures of the temple were the same. The only thing that had really changed was the greeting from the guards, who seemed somewhat nervous about the Scimitar.
When DarkRula told them his business, they responded as usual, but this time took up escort duty as well. DarkRula wasn't bothered by them, only that he got this meeting over with quickly.
At the entrance to the lift that would take him up to the council chamber stood Tee Vol, who bowed as they approached.
"Jedi Golden, you will follow me up to the council chamber, alone."
DarkRula flinched again at the proper use of his name, but he still noted what Tee Vol had also said.
"Why alone?"
"This is a top secret mission. There will be no-one but me and you in the Chamber while we are discussing it," Tee Vol states.
"Oh, don't worry about me," The Doctor says. "I'll be fine. It's pointless to argue."
"When you put it like that, Master," DarkRula says to Tee Vol. But that still tells me you don't trust The Doctor.
The Council Chamber was indeed empty but for the two of them, and Tee Vol didn't seem to want usual Council procedure to take place. He sat down in one of the chairs, and instructed DarkRula to take the one next to him.
"First things first," Tee Vol begins. "What did you find out from Naboo?"
"It was just the Federation trying to stir them up again. They'd found out about the cyborg and joined forces with it."
"Exactly as expected," Tee Vol says quietly.
DarkRula waits for him to say more on the matter, but he doesn't. Instead, he moves on.
"Now. You will be going to Cyrillia for your next mission. You told us that Jek Nori is still alive."
"And what do I do once there?"
"Bring him back to the Jedi Temple. It is time he returned."
"So that's it? Go there, collect him, head back?"
"Yes. Now, about this man you're currently travelling with. Could he be someone in disguise? Tricking you into following him?"
DarkRula visibly jolted at those words. It was what he had been thinking. The Council didn't trust The Doctor. That was why he wasn't in this meeting.
"Kronis met him first, and if Kronis trusted him, than so do I."
Tee Vol sighs. "You- You may go."
DarkRula quickly left his seat and headed down the lift. The Doctor was where he had been left. The two walked out to the Scimitar and left the Temple quickly with the ship's advanced power.
"All of what was said could have been relayed through a comlink," DarkRula exclaims. "The fact of the matter is we're now further from our destination than we were before and we have to return here anyway! Just what was the point!"
But he knew the point. And he had a feeling that the Jedi Council were interested in finding more out about The Doctor. Even if they had to split them up.