Episode 9 - Lies Fly

With new friends made, and the victory over the Neimoidians for control of The Ark, DarkRula plans for numerous events. He knows the first thing he needs to do is report to the Jedi Council. Sending out a signal requesting the full council for a report, DarkRula waits in the conference room, with The Doctor stood by his side.
The Dalek command had disappeared, and so had the Mandalorians. One Dalek though, remained captured after its battle with the natives of one particular planet.

It's systems activated.
It had no idea where it was, only that it could only look around. It's weapon could not be fired. It started to dawn on it that it was trapped within some energy bindings of a type it was unfamiliar with. Hanging a few feet above the air, it slowly rotated, giving it a full view of the room it was held in.
This room was sand yellow. The walls looked like they were made from a steel, as were the floor tiles. There was only one door into the square room. There was only one light, hanging directly above it.
Dalek Rizon came to the realisation it was trapped. It didn't feel fear - that was for lesser mortals. It didn't feel angry - there was no need to. It only felt a mingling disappointment that it was trapped here while it's kin were out in the action.
The door opens and a man walks in. Dalek Rizon's eye stalk swivels to look at this man. Dressed in simple robes, he carried himself with the air of an important man. His face was sharp, and when he spoke, it was in a deep and commanding voice.
"Ah. So you're awake," he says. "Good. I am Thalos, leader of this planet."
"You would be exterminated on sight if I had the power to," Dalek Rizon retorts, it's monotone mechanical voice conveying menace. "What do you want with me?"
"Ha. Ha. Ha. I am not your enemy. I merely want to know what you are doing here, and what you plan to do."
"I am trying to contact the main of my group, so I can return to them." Dalek Rizon didn't feel the need to hide information from this human. If he could arrange things, Rizon would soon be the rightful leader of the planet, leaving this man without a scrap of power.
"So, you completely destroy and take command of a communications network just to contact some friends. Hmm. Interesting. We could have easily arranged that for you, had you only asked."
"Daleks do not ask for help from lesser mortals. Let me down and allow me to continue contacting command."
"Ha! Do you really think I arranged all this protection and not know how powerful you are? You really expect me to let you down, when the first thing you'll probably do is kill me and be on your way? No. I don't think so."
Rizon was surprised at that remark. This human was tactful, and strategic. He would indeed be most useful, if Rizon could get the tides to turn the right way.
"I will, however," Thalos continues, "allow you contact from within here. I'm sure it couldn't hurt."
"Hurry up and get on with it," Dalek Rizon commands.
The man bows and exits the room.
Rizon is left waiting, continuously spinning on the spot where it was bound, until Thalos again walks back into the room. He was carrying equipment, and set it on the floor. It consisted of a mechanical box and a disk with a wire attached to it. Placing the disk on top and attaching the wire into the mechanical box.
"So who are we contacting?" Thalos asks. "What frequency?"
Dalek Rizon reeled out the frequency he had memorized from his last contact. The code made Thalos look up.
"The Mandalorians? Your command has made contact with them?"
"We are now the leaders of these Mandalorians, and accept nothing less from them than total servitude."
Thalos looks back down and enters the code without saying anything.
"Now go. And don't listen in."
Thalos bows and leaves as the connection is made. A voice rises from the communication unit. "Who is this?"
"I am Dalek Rizon. Allow Dalek Zane or Dalek Volk to speak."
"I'll go get them." The voice sounded fearful now it knew who was speaking. Zane and Volk seemed to have done a good job to placate them.
It took a minute before Zane spoke. "Dalek Rizon. I was wondering when you'd get back in contact with us."
"I have been captured by the leader of this planet," Rizon says. "But I plan to turn him to our cause. He will make a useful ally."
"That is good. We have made contact with The Doctor, though he escaped and has a Jedi escort."
"I understand you have been setting up numerous traps for The Doctor," Rizon asks. "Have you succeeded in any of them?"
"We haven't set any traps since our first were foiled by the Jedi," Dalek Volk spoke up. "Now The Doctor is indeed here, we plan to continue making traps. We killed one of the Jedi, and as we understand it, he was the higher of the two. We suspect we'll have no trouble following this up and finally defeating The Doctor once and for all. What are your plans?"
"You will have to see. After I have the leader, moving around unperturbed will not be a problem."
"Contact us again when this plan of yours is finished. We will have to see what we can do with it."
The transmission ended. Daleks weren't known for long drawn-out ending messages, if they gave them at all.
Dalek Rizon raised its voice. "You may return."
Thalos walks back in. Dalek Rizon could tell he had something on his mind, but could tell nothing else.
"So, after that chat with your command, I wonder if you have had any more thoughts about what I said before," Thalos asks. "About you being willing to join with me. We would make a great partnership, I can tell."
"I would be willing," Dalek Rizon states.
"Good."
Thalos gestures and the bindings holding Rizon disappear. Rizon manages to stay stable using its hover mode. Gently falling, it lands next to Thalos.
"Though I have said I will join you," Dalek Rizon says. "Make no mistake. It is you who are joining us. Any deviation from that command and you will be exterminated."
"As you wish. Master."
"Any avoidance or hindering of my commands and you will be exterminated."
"Yes. Master."
Dalek Rizon found he didn't need to say any more. All that mattered was when the time came, Thalos would help the Daleks to conquer The Doctor once and for all.
This planet was now a trap in itself, and he had preparations to make.
Moving throughout the building, which he came to note as a palace of some kind, hardly anyone moved within the halls. Those that did gave no sign they had recognised him.
Rizon paid no attention to the detail of the place he moved, only the directions. He found that he had made a full circle while slowly moving upwards. From the cell to a small circular room, where a load of other cell doors were dotted around, to a large rectangular lobby. At the other side was a corridor, which looped to the right while sloping upwards. Then a sparse expanse of a room with other doors leading off it. The main double doors were larger than the rest, and these led outside, where the brightness of Tatooine's twin suns bleached the landscape.
There wasn't much to see on this planet, Rizon notes, though he found that the palace itself was built on a vertical drop that cut travel easily. Though he didn't want to see the full expanse of the palace, he knew there must be at least three levels to it.
And this building wasn't the only part of Dalek Rizon's plan. He had others, that would soon be coming into effect. And they would help the Dalek command achieve ultimate victory.
Scanning for the nearest town, Dalek Rizon moves away from the palace, heading in a straight line for the nearest signs of life.