All For A Piece Of Gum

A/N: Holy shit, 5k reads in just a month, thanks guys. I might be doing smaller one shots from now on, but I'll be able to come up with more.

You were heading towards Nanashima's house, as you did every day after school. You never really did much over there, you two mostly just talked about anything and everything that came to mind.

Knowing him since childhood was probably why you had such a close bond with the blonde. Your parents had been friends and you met from birth. Nanashima's sister had even grown fond of you, and she adored you nearly as much as her older brother.

You opened the front door without knocking since Nanashima allowed you to, you saw that he and Kirari already started watching Puri Puri Moon. "Awe, why'd you start without me?" You whined playfully.

"Your own fault you dumbass." He joked and you laughed. Insults from either of you never hurt, you could never take the other seriously.

The episode had already finished and Nanashima stood up to greet you and so did his sister. "Hi, (Y/N)!" she called and you bent down to give her a hug. "Hi yourself!"

"Ok, Kirari, time for your nap." he said picking her up. (A/N: I don't know how old she is, but I'm making her take a nap.) "But I don't wanna go to sleep!" She cried. "If you go to sleep, I'll sing you a lullaby." You cooed and she instantly agreed.

You didn't know why she liked your singing, personally, you thought it was like any other voice, nothing special. Even Nanashima complimented you on your singing.

"Hush little one and close your eyes, mama's gonna sing you a lullaby. Go to sleep and wake in the morning now. Come on, come on close your eyes, dream of your dreams when you go to sleep." you stopped your song when your realized Kirari was already fast asleep.

"Why'd you stop?" Nanashima whispered. You led him out of the room and closed the door. "She was asleep, so....." You trailed off and he led you into his own room where you plopped down on his bed.

"So what's going on with you and Serinuma?" You asked. As much as you hated to admit it, you started to develop feeling for your best friend, the most cliche situation you could be in. But you had gotten pretty good at hiding your feelings and teased Nanashima constantly about his crush on Serinuma, no matter how much it killed you inside.

"I don't even know anymore, it doesn't look like she's going to chose any one of us anytime soon." He replied. You smiled internally. "That's too bad." You lied as you laid on your back.

You pulled out a pack of gum, you always carried one around with you as you always seemed to be chewing on something 24/7. You had one last stick of gum and you pulled it out slowly.

"Can I have a piece?" Nanashima asked. You hummed 'no' in response and he stuck his bottom lip out. "Come on, please?" He asked. "Ok, here." You said holding out an unwrapped piece of the minty gum. Like you would ever give up the last piece.

At the last second, you snatched it back and popped in your mouth. His mouth hung open and before you knew it, he grabbed you by the waist, making you yelp.

By the time you had processed what he was doing he had already shoved his lips on yours and pinched your side slightly and you let out a small squeak, giving him the opportunity to slide his tongue into your mouth.

He pulled away with the successfully retrieved gum with a smug smiled on his face. You were still in shock, your best friend had just kissed you, only for a piece of gum?

Realization crossed his face after a few seconds and he spit the piece on the floor quickly. "I-I'm sorry, (Y/N)! I-I don't know what came over me!" He apologized. You waved your hand in dismissal, a dazed look still on your face.

Awkward silence enveloped the two of you and you stared down at your hands. Suddenly, you felt the same minty lips on your again and this time, you finally got the sense to kiss back your long-time crush.

You could feel a small smile forming on his lips as you did. You realized your position: he was straddling you and you under him. You hesitantly pulled away from him and blushed in embarrassment.

No reason in hiding your feeling from him now. "I... like you." you mumbled. Under the blush that covered his face, you saw a small smirk. "What was that?" He asked teasingly. "Shut up!" You yelled and pushed him off you.

He pulled you into an embrace and you buried your face into his chest. "I like you too, (Y/N)" He muttered and you smiled.

All for a piece of gum you thought.