chapter 1

Sarah POV:

"Mommy I hungwey" my cute two year old daughter asks me pouting. It looks so cute that I feel like smothering her with my kisses.

"Awww my princess come on let's make some pancakes now shall we?" I ask her to keep her occupied since I really don't want to leave her on her own like last night. It was one huge mess and took me hours to clean the house. Sometimes being a single mom can be strenuous.

So caught up in making breakfast I jump when I heard a *ting* signalling a text has been received. I make my way to my phone to check the text. I click on to it and it's my best friend Amy.

Ams 😍😘- hey chica what ya upto? How's my lil munchkin 😘

Me- hey Ams making breakfast and your lil munchkin is making a mess wid d batter. Wanna come over?😘

Ams😍😘- cya in 5 doll😘😘

I turn over only to find my precious princess covered in batter from head to toe. God the girl is giving me a whiplash already. Ughhhhh ain't that Wonderful? What is it let's trouble mommy week Mia? Seriously? And there she gives me her adorable smile which lights up my world, that melts me into a puddle and all my anger dissipates into thin air. God I love my daughter to bits. She's the only one that keeps me going without falling apart..

"Alright baby come to momma, let's go get you cleaned up now shall we? Aunt Amy is coming over so let's go" I coo in baby voice to my daughter lifting her up from the kitchen top. She gets all excited for her shower and there I can see the glint in her emerald eyes the same eyes that's been haunting me for 3 years. No Sarah don't go there. He is not worth it. He is not worth to be the father of my daughter. The new Brian is a monster, he is not capable of handling a delicate flower like her. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear my baby's voice..

"Mama I duckey" she says in her adorable baby voice and jumps up and down in my hold. Awwww I love her to death!! My baby girl.

"Yes baby we can take your duckey as well" I coo and get her bath ready and drop 3 duck toys in the water. My baby absolutely loves taking shower and it takes a lot of persuading on my part to get her out of it. We play for a little while and I get her out of the tub and dry her with a Tom and Jerry towel which is another thing my baby absolutely loves and get her dressed. Right on cue the doorbell rings and ladies and gentlemen that's Amy for you. Her 5 mins is practically half an hour.i still haven't figured out what clock that girl goes by. I sigh and go down the stairs to get the door and there stands Amy, my childhood best friend and the god mother of my daughter in all her glory. Amy is a beautiful brunette with blue eyes and petite figure. She is a stunning woman and has guys falling on her feet yet she is innocent and shy. Totally cute!! Ugh what's wrong with me? That so made me sound like a gay. Gosh I'm losing my sanity. Amy snaps me out of my thoughts with her yelling.

"Girl is this is how you welcome your absolute all time favorite chica? Hmmm temme? Go on.." she practically yells at me. Gosh this girl.!! If there is one thing that Amy hates then it is zoning out on her and apparently I seem to be doing it a lot  lately.

I smile sheepishly at her, rubbing my face ." Sorry Ams I sorta zoned out" I say pathetically trying to save my ass like that ain't obvious.

"Auny Ams" my princess comes almost flying from her room.
"Hey little princess" Amy coos to my daughter and they both start talking animatedly. My baby absolutely loves Amy, after all she is the only one my baby has known ever since her birth apart from me. I sigh and leave them to get ready for my job. I work as a waitress in Lily's diner. It is a cute little diner and the owner Diana, my boss is one wonderful woman and has helped me out through my bad days. I love her to death. My pay is not great but it is enough to get me going.

After my bath I run down the stairs bid goodbye to Amy and kiss my baby all over face, ran to the bus stop and start off for work. I always get emotional when I have to part away from my daughter even though it's only for a few hours. She is my life and light. Life without her would have been terrible. I don't regret anything that happened all those years ago if not I wouldn't have had my baby. With the thoughts of my baby in mind I reach Lily's diner. Here's to another day......