Chapter 9

Jacob smelled smoke coming from his house. Did my brother accidental light something? He thought,walking to the house from the Barn as he looks around noticing there are SWAT vans all over the place. Somethings really wrong. What did he do?

    The brisky man went inside

    He came back outside five minute’s later, puking tanish liquid spotted bread crumbs and yellow oak from scrambled eggs he eaten this morning before barging into the conversation of the two young birds scrambling to decide what to do.

    “Curse you,Dad for teaching him how to shoot!” He shook his fist at the air,the sickening scenes of dead corpse lain everywhere in his house made him want to puke even more.

    Jacob coughed,clearing his throat of smoke.

    “M-M-Mister, who were those men?” The voice of a scared girl asks the man; she held her knapsack in both hands and is in her pajama’s decorated of foxes.

“Bad guys apparently.” The Horse farmer said, wiping the corners of his mouth by the cuffs of his long sleeves. Wait..She’s supposed to be asleep!

“I am a early bird.” Clare said, whistling through the comment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tugah watches them from the SWAT van, sitting in the front seat that is kept unknown because of the dark black window sheild built into every vehicle  that are part of the agency against Free Dragon Horses. I knew there were three! He thinks, his eyes narrow at Clare. her egg may have hatched already...I don’t see her having a mark on her forehead.

“I know you are there,come out from your hiding place!” Jacob Cozell yelled at the vehicles, he knew somebody who did this would be hiding in plain sight. “Don’t mess with the Cozell family, we strike back with brute force!”

Tugah steps out of the vehicle, thus Clare recognizes him as the scary man who took her and her friends from a freshly dug hole beneath a tree with a big house built for children whom wanted to scare each other at night during the weekends.

“Eeeek!” Clare exclaims, her eyes shaped in fear. “He’s the scary agent man!”

    “Duke will take you somewhere safe,not here.” The Uncle says, unwrapping a gun from his ankle. “Go.”

    Clare scurried away to the direction of Duke,whom is standing on the road debating what to do when He heard the little girl coming to his direction, then he lowers himself to a position in which a child could climb onto his back without problems leaving the Ranch.

    Clare hopped onto the back of Duke while her knapsack’s shoulder straps coming in handy for this time to leave, The horse stands up completely as both of them notice there is a smoky black horse with a baldfaced marking on the head standing beside the agent-like man.

    Jacob cocks the weapon.

    “Go!”

    Duke speeds away fro the ranch with Clare hanging onto his neck with all of her might to not slip off, Jacob turns his direction back to the man knowing he could keep him distracted for a short period of time. Zin, please for your father, be strong and understand what a man’s gotta do.

    Kaboow!

    “Fraun zak waugha!” Tugah shouted a spell, lifting his hand at the front of himself then lets two of his fingers glow at the bullet. “Why do you protect the marked boy,when he’s only leading you to death?”

    “His name is ZIN, Z-I-N.” Jacob growled, his anger rising. “He loves horses, he lost a parent, a Poodle guardian, and he will not lose something he loves!”

    “Hizut shguah.” Tugah’s said, his two fingers glowed red while doing the motion of switching direction and let the bullet loose.

    Jacob ducks, this time a smirk grows across his face.

    Zormitch, do your work. He thought to the Dragon-Horse, his head turns away from the musculine beast towards the man preparing to shoot agian.

    Yes Master.Zormitch confirms, dark gray smoke drifted from his nostrials to release some of the extra waste harnessing the ability to make fire out of the mouth, then he opens his mouth to cast loose a sea of flames at Jacob.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I heared the engine stopped.

    “My son is the marked one!” ‘Mother’ shouted, stomping her foot on the floor. “W-w-w-wh must--a-aa-ah--achooo--the weeping lady be my relative?”

    I sneaked out  the Jeep,taking the object that I had awoken with while the other two animals followed me out of the vehicle soon thereafter. Keep sneezing to the moon. I think to myself, wishing my mother bad fortune.  

    Hector stood waiting for me,patiently.

    “Qxamino ayed.” I say, my eyes closed and my mind focuses on the Jeep that I imagine a place far from Montana--the image seems real before my eyes,like my mother had visited it before meeting my father--and Me.

    Zip!

I looked back.

    The vehicle was out of sight.

  Clickedly clang clickedly clang

    “Zin!” Clare shouts at me, riding Duke by her hands wrapped around his neck. “We gotta go before he catches up!”

    I agree,only I will do it faster.

    I don’t know how he did it, but Hector charged up somehow taking both of us in his grip  of scales and the other two animals plucked onto the dark brown tail using beak/mouth using their own might.

    “Hahahaha! Look at the rooster and cat!” I laughed, pointing to Spots whom is climbing up Hector’s body like it was a steep mountian range made out wool.

    Meow

    Clare helped Geese, giggling so madly that she could of passed out on his body and probably would be fallen backwards;it’s light hearting to know you have friends at your side in a journey that would probably take more than two years of my life to complete, I want to find what kind of rider I am, I want to know why the egg hatched for me, and my last question is...

    Why have Dragon Horses been hidden from public?

        To be continued...