Getting Used To It

I was walking around outside and found my shoes were more uncomfortable than usual so I took them off along with my socks. I found my nails had turned into sharp claws on my hands and toes, I probably looked really weird by staring at myself like I was.
"This is so freaky, Inuyasha, you said I smelled like a cat, what kind of cat do you think I am?" I ask.
"I don't know, but you smell like Kirara," he says as he leans against the building we were just in.
I spin around, giggling before I stop and sniff, "Do you guys smell that?"
Everyone shakes their heads except Inuyasha who growls softly, "Damn wolf."
A guy with a tail, dressed in furs lands next to Kagome and puts an arm around her, "Stay back, Kagome, I'll protect you from this cat."
I look at the guy then point to myself, "Are you talking about me?"
Kagome sighs then pushes the guy away, "Lulu, this is Koga. Koga, this is Luna, she's from my era."
Koga has a stupid look on his face and I giggle at him.
"Sorry, that look is just really cute, like the confused expression of a little puppy," I say.
"Wait, how is she from your era?" he asks Kagome.
I answer for her, "We don't know, I don't have ears or tails in our time," I say and look at the two, "Why are there shiny things on you? One in each of Koga's legs and quite a few on Kagome's chest."
Sango looks at me, "You can see the Shikon jewel shards?"
"Facinating, you're a lot like Kagome except the demon part," Miroku says.
I growl softly then slap him, "Keep your hands to yourself and off my ass!" I say angrily.
He holds his cheek which had a red handprint on it, "Sorry, I couldn't help myself," he says.
I cross my arms and walk away from him then over Sango.
"She's only a half demon," Inuyasha says after I walk past him, "she's like me."
I look at him in confusion, "How can you tell?"
"I can smell it on you," he closes his eyes and looks bored with the conversation.
"Hey, what's that thing around your neck?" Shippo asks me.
I crouch down and take my necklace out of my shirt, "It's my lucky demon fang, my mom said my birth father left it for me," I say.
"No way that's a demon fang," Kagome says, "It looks more like a panther tooth."
"That's definitely a demon fang," Shippo says then turns to the building, "Kirara!"
A cute little cat with two tails bounds out then runs over to us.
"Oh! She is so cute!" I gush.
"This is Kirara, she's a cat-c," Shippo says then snaps and the cat turns into a giant, flaming, saber-toothed beast.
I just sit there and stare in awe. Shippo has Kirara open her mouth then holds my necklace close, comparing the two fangs.
"Look, they're almost exactly alike," he says.
My stomach growls and I blush, "So we've figured out what part demon I am, could we eat? I haven't had anything all day," I say.
"Kagome, where's your bag?" Inuyasha asks.
"Inuyasha, don't be rude!" she says.
"Well I'm hungry too!" he raises his voice.
"Those are for the road and I'm not going back and getting more for a while!" she yells.
I cover my ears and Kirara turns back into a little cat before jumping into my arms, I catch her and hold her close as the two keep arguing.
"But...food," I say softly.