Life Savior

*skys pov*

With tears streaming down my cheeks I sat in the ambulance with him, once we got there they rushed him to get the bullet removed. I tried to go back tree with him but they told me I couldn't go any farther. I began crying even harder, when I felt my dad hugged me and with his arms around me he spoke softly. "It's okay Sky, their going to take care of Chris."
"He took a bullet for you dad!" I yelled crying even harder.
"I know baby, and for that I will forever be greatful."
I didn't say a word I just stood there and cried into his chest. When every breathe I cried harder and harder.

An hour had past and my mom was with us in the waiting room, I had to keep my mind off it or else I'd start crying again. if I'm going to get anything for my birthday I want it to be for Chris to come out of there alive. I need my best friend, I need to hear him laugh one more time. Damn it Sky, stop thinking about it. When I find who did this I'm-I'm-IM GOING TO KILL THEM!
"Sky, baby are you okay?" Asked my mom softy touching my hands which were cliched together to make a fist.
"Yes, when are they going to let us see Chris?"
"When he's ready."
And with that a nurse walked out and very sternly said "Where are Christopher Millers Parents?"
My dad stood up an said "His parent aren't here, but we came here with him."
"Can I speak to you and the misses, alone?"
They both nodded and my mom told me to stay where I was.

I looked over at them, it looked like bad news. I closed my eyes and quickly prayed.
'Hey, god. I know I don't pray enough but god please let me see Chris at least one more time! that's all I want for my birthday! thank you, amen.' when I opened my eyes a single year fell down my cheek.