chapter 11

"Get in." "What?" "Get. In." Kevin demanded as he stood by the hood of his unlocked car. He had pulled up on your drive way and repeatedly hocked his horn until you came outside.

"Why should I?" "We're fixing this." "Why can't we just do this inside." "No. Get in." He was concerning you with this car business. But you figured you trusted him enough at this point. You just prayed this didn't go wrong. "Okay. Fine."

You dropped into his passenger seat. Buckling up and cross your arms as he sat next to you. He pulled out of the driveway without a word. He drove like his usual self. Speeding through the streets and making sure he turned heads with his hot rod car. The only difference was that he wasn't blasting his music. But after a few turns, you knew exactly where this was going.

You sighed and rolled your eyes to yourself. He seemed so opposed to clichés to be doing something like this. Once he took the final turn before climbing up the steep road, you took a breath. You didn't know what he was planning, but he said he wanted to "fix" this. And you were hoping he did.

"Why'd you take me here?" You asked as you both left the car. "Because this is where it began for us." You looked across the city from the mountain top view where you stood. It was just as stunning as the first time he took you here.

You huffed. "Alright, what did you want to fix." "You're right." Kevin started. You looked at him totally shocked. Did Kevin just admit defeat? Nobody could see that coming. "Listen that burns my tongue just as much as it shocks you! But its true! I had no place saying that about your friends." He admitted before sitting by the edge of the cliff.

You stood behind him as he continued to speak. "Truth is though. I am a jerk and that's not gonna change. So, if you want to break up with me then go ahead. I'll move on too..." You stayed silent a few moments before sitting next to him. "Nope.

"I'm not gonna do that." There was silence between the two of you for a moment. But it was a good silence. Like a relief swept across the air. But the moment was broken when Kevin had an outburst of laughter. "Damn girl. The things you'd put up with for someone like me." He laughed a bit more, and you chuckled as well.

"Yeah. I don't know if I'm too nice or too stupid to put with it." "Oh c'mon that wasn't nice." "That's not the only thing is that isn't nice." You said with a clever little smirk. "Oh shut up!" You laughed a bit. "No I don't think I will." Kevin scoffed. "Guess I'll just have to make you then." He teased, turning quickly and pinning you down on the thick green grass.

You squealed quietly, not expecting that. You both laughed before Kevin leaned in and kissed you harshly. The kiss was needy from both of you. The two of you hadn't been in contact quite like this before. Kevin had you pinned down by your wrist and was hurrying things along. It was almost becoming lustful. Though things were getting more hurried, he pulled away from you before things could get too heated.

You both looked at each other, making that intense eye contact again before Kevin loosened his grip on you. "Do you forgive me yet?" He asked quietly. You nodded. "Yeah. Of course." He smiled a rare smile and planted a small kiss on you again. "Hey, I know I said I didn't want any clichés, but. Guess I lied." You laughed a bit. "I agree." "But, please just..." Kevin looked away from you.

"Don't leave me. I-I don't know what I'd do." He said, still looking away. "I didn't think I would ever get attached to someone that isn't myself. But I guess I was wrong." He confessed, finally looking at you. You reached up and hugged him, closing your eyes. "I didn't plan on it. If you keep acting like this then I don't know if I will."

And here we go again. Driving you up the wall in frustration, then having you chasing him again right after. Hopefully it stayed that was this time. After yesterday once all that was off your chest, you didn't think there would be any encounters like that anytime soon.