chapter 5

Your eyes opened to the unfamiliar room you had been put in the night before. You put your arm across your forehead. You had been put in Kevin's guest room right across from his own room. And Robin, his cat had found her way into the room before you had shut the door. So she curled up on your chest.

You pet her as she lay asleep across you, waking her up. She purred and leaned into your hand. Meowing a couple times. You were honestly ready to smuggle this cat into your house you loved her so much.

As you pet the cat and dozed off a bit, the door to your guest room was opened. You looked up to see Kevin standing in your door frame. He was still in his pajamas, and his hair was all messy. It was honestly really cute.

The cat that was keeping you company hissed as he stood in the door frame. She really did hate her caregiver. "Hey I give you food." He replied to the cat before looking back at you. "You could have knocked you know? I could have been getting dressed." "Yeah well that's what I was hoping for." He said with a smirk. You rolled your eyes. "Pervert."

"Really though, you should get up. Its like, 9 o'clock?" "Seriously?" "Yep." "How late did we stay up?" "Till about 1." You and Kevin had found some videogames that were lying around and played them for quite awhile. Not to forget, you went on that website "keep beach city wired" and laughed at a few things that were posted. Somethings were actually interesting though. To you at least.

You sighed and looked down at the cat that was still purring on your chest. "Sorry Robin." You apologized before picking up the cat and putting her on the floor. You were already wearing what you had on the previous day. So getting dressed was easy. You stood up and ran your fingers through your hair. Brushing it out of your face.

You both made that, chilling eye contact again. This time, it didn't last long. Not even for more than 5 seconds. And Kevin was the one to look away.

You smiled to yourself and walked past him after he looked away. "So what are we doing today?" You asked, trying to spark conversation. "You mean besides getting you back into your house?" You stopped in your tracks after he said that. "Awe come on, you're no fun." "Fine, fine. We can do whatever." He obliged while following behind you.

"We should watch some cheesy one-star romantic horror movie. Those are always the greatest things ever." "Really?" "Yeah, have you never watched one before." "Can't say that I have." "Okay yeah were doing this."

Kevin turned on his flat screen TV and opened a movie selection he had. He put it on the romantic/horror station and handed you the remote. "Here, knock yourself out." "Yes!" You took the remote and sat down on his love seat. He sat down next to you, leaning on the arm rest.

You scrolled through all the movies making sure to choose the one with the crappiest rating. "This one only has half a star. And its thirty minuets long." You said before clicking on it and the opening started playing. "I don't even understand why people make movies like this. The dude who made it probably did it in his garage with like a two thousand dollar budget." Kevin complained. "If that." You responded. "He's probably still regretting it." You said with a chuckle.

The movie was called "drop dead gorgeous." Just the title was enough to make you laugh. It was about a werewolf that falls in love with a vampire. The most cliche scenario ever. Within the first 5 minuets you were already cringing. "What the heck is this? Is that the werewolf?!" Kevin asked, he sounded concerned. You laughed, the werewolf was just a dog. And the transformation was "topnotch." They just cut the scene and boom, the guy was gone and there was a dog in his place.

"Its a dog!" You said through laughter. This was a great idea. "I don't know how much longer I can take this." "Its only thirty minuets long, chill." As the cheesy plot went on, you were laughing at the stupid things that went on. But Kevin was just face-palming the entire time.