chapter 8

You walked up Kevin's driveway. Not quite sure what to expect. You could already hear some music and voices as you neared the main entrance. You carefully opened the front door. There wasn't as much people here as you thought there would be. There was mostly smaller groups of 3 and 4 spread out throughout the house.

You walked through the house shyly. Normally parties like this didn't disturb you. You enjoyed them. But for some reason, you didn't like this. It felt like something was off.

As you continued to walk, the groups spread across the house all looked at you with judging eyes as you passed by. It was odd. Why were they being so cold towards you? You didn't know. As you looked for Kevin, you noticed a group of mostly girls congregating to one area in his living room. You looked at the group from afar, having a strong feeling that Kevin was the source of the gathering.

You felt a tinge of jealously spike through you. But you shook your head, disregarding it. You began to walk into the group of party goers. Muttering a few "excuse me"s as you made your way through the crowd.

"Awe so you finally decide to show up!" You heard a familiar voice say once you finally made your way to the front. "H-hey, Kevin." "Thanks for gracing us with your presence babe~" Kevin purred as he stood from off the wall and wrapped his arms round your waist.

The mood that went through the air drastically changed in that one second. The atmosphere grew heavy on your shoulders. The looks from everyone around the room were harsh.

You heard a girl clear her throat from beside you. "Uh, Kevin." She spat. The female had long blonde hair and dull brown eyes. Her skin was pale, and the short white dress she wore hugged her tall form perfectly. You looked up at her with a blush on your face. This was an awkward situation for you.

Kevin looked at the blonde and spoke. "Oh, yeah. Sarah, this, lovely lady right here...this, is _(y/n)_. My girlfriend." The other girl's face turned into one of disapproval at his words. Her eyes scanned your form, her expression stayed exact. "Girlfriend? Huh." "Sure is." Kevin reassured while looking right at you and leaning in to land a peck on your neck.

"Okay, Kevin...whatever." The other female said with detest before turning around and walking away, disappearing into the crowd. "Uh, what's her deal?" "Oh...Sarah? I'm not sure what her deal is most of the time." He shrugged. "She's always like that." Well, he wasn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed. But you thought he would at least know why she was being so bitter. "Kevin, I think she's...jealous." "...yeah, probably. Who isn't?" You sighed. "Not exactly what I meant, but, alright."

Once you had made your presence known, the group of girls that had gathered around the host died down slowly. You looked to the side to see the group of girls gradually deplete. "Did you tell any one about me? They all seem disappointed." "No, I didn't." You looked at him with surprise. "Really? I expected you to be the type of guy that totally gloats about his girlfriend. The kind that couldn't keep his mouth shut about it." "Well, What can I say? I'm not exactly an open book." He said before leaning down and planting his lips on yours.

Though you were mildly confused, you obliged to the kiss. But something felt off about this. Not so much the act, but him. He had long breaks between his words, like he was thinking. And he seemed out of it. He continued to kiss you, obviously not caring that there was a crowd around you (though most of them had directed their attention away once you showed up), but that was when it dawned on you what was happening. He was intoxicated. You don't drink very much, but the taste of alcohol on him was becoming more present to you.

You pulled away from him, looking at him partially concerned. "Kevin, you're drunk." "What, pft- no I'm not." "Yes you are." You countered while stepping away from him. You looked around, surly enough, there were a few empty cans you saw spread across the tables throughout the room.