I walked outside and started to walk down the driveway when I heard my name called.

"Lilly!" I turned around to see Tom. I gave him a smile.

"Good morning, Tom. How are you?" He smiled back.

"Good, where ya goin?" He asked.

"To the village, I have letters to deliver"
He laughed.

"And a lot of'em. How many people do you know?" I laughed.

"They are all not my letters. I asked everyone downstairs if they had any they wanted me to take with me. This was the result." I held up the stack of letters.

"Do you have anything you would like me to take for ya?" He shook his head.

"No, not this time. Would you like me to give you a rid? I'd hate for you to have to walk all that way." I shook my head.

"Thank you for the offer, Tom, but I like to walk."

"Are you sure?" He asked, as if not sure about me walking.

"I'm positive." I leaned up to kiss his cheek.

"I'll see you later, Tom." I turned around and continued my walk down the driveway.

I looked over to my right to see Cora sitting on a bench underneath a tree, Robert speaking to her. I need to have a word with her when I get back.

~~~~

As I walked towards the corner the post office was on, I heard someone. I looked beside me to see Mathew. "Oh hello, Matthew." He walked beside me with his bike on his other side.

"How are you?" I smiled.

"I'm well, how about you?" He nodded his head.

"Pretty well. What brings you to the village?" I showed him the letters.

"I'm on my way to the post office. I have a few letters to send" he laughed. "A few."

I shook my head and laughed also. "I'm delivering some of the staffs letters. Thought I'd help them out by asking since I was coming this way anyway." He looked down.

"Branson couldn't give you a lift?"

"I prefer walking. I don't like to take the car if I don't have too." He chuckled.

"How's life with the Crawley's?" I let out a puff of air.

"It's alright, aside from Mary not being very keen of me and me not being very keen of her." He laughed.

"She really isn't keen of me when I'm around you. I think you have an admirer." I looked over at him, batting my eyelashes.

He chuckled. I wouldn't count on that." He looked to me and smiled, I smiled back, looking ahead.

"I've heard there is a flower show in the next couple of days. It should be lovely." He scoffed

"Hardly, Mother and Cousin Violet have been at each other's throats." I laughed.