Chapter 13 ~ Tell The Truth

Bắt đầu từ đầu

This whole thing with Harry was already stressing me out. I mean, I had never had feelings for a guy before, and I had certainly not wanted to be in a relationship. Not since I caught Harry laughing at Liam's joke yesterday. And now Zayn just had to stress me out even more by forcing me to kiss a girl in front of Harry?

It wasn't like it was a big deal otherwise. I mean, I had kissed plenty of girls before, and I did enjoy it, but I was hoping Harry at least had caught some kind of interest to me since he didn't hesitate to kiss my neck this morning. But I could be wrong, and then he wouldn't react to me kissing a girl at all.

Maybe this wasn't so bad after all? If Harry reacted to me kissing a girl in a bad way, it meant he at least had some kind of feelings for me, right? Well, I could always hope so.

"Nope, I'm very happy with it," he smiled toothily.

I let out a sigh. "Fine, I'll do it. Just tell me when."

He looked around the hallway, probably searching for Harry. "He's standing right over there, so you can do it now," he suggested.

I swallowed hard, looking for a girl I could kiss. It didn't take long until I found a blonde one - her back facing me - a few feet away. I dropped my bag to the floor before making my way over to her. I glanced at Harry, who was talking to Liam and Niall across the hallway with a frown on my face. I really didn't want to do this, but if it was the only way to make Zayn stop talking about me liking Harry, then it was worth it... I think.

I made sure that Harry was looking at me when I grasped the girl's wrist and pulled her around. I didn't even get a look of her face I crashed our lips together. She remained still for a few seconds due to shock, I assumed, until she started moving her lips against mine in a sloppy kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me down a little so she could get better access to my lips.

Her tongue traced my bottom lip, and I just wanted to vomit right there, but I forced myself to continue kissing her because I knew Zayn was watching me right now and if he found out I didn't really enjoy kissing this girl, I was dead.

I started imagining Harry's lips on mine instead of the girl's, and it almost worked. I didn't feel the need to vomit anymore, but I didn't enjoy it either. Her lips were just too soft.

Once I had counted to thirty, I pulled away to get a look at her. What I saw made my mouth drop. It was Sarah, Harry's ex-girlfriend. "Oh, shit, I didn't realize..." I trailed off. How could I have been so stupid? Out of all people, I just had to kiss Harry's ex? Fuck.

I turned my head in the direction of where Harry had been standing earlier just to see him watch me with a hurt look on his face. My eyes widened and I felt this strange feeling erupt in my stomach. Could it be guilt? No, I never felt guilty. It had to be something else.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kissed you. I know you and Harry just br--"

"No, it's fine. I'm still not fond of the fact that it was actually you who caused me and Harry to break up, but I had planned on breaking up with him for a while. I just didn't know how, so you kind of helped me. Thank you, I guess. Oh, and apart from that, I really enjoyed kissing you. Maybe we could do it again sometime?" She winked.

I stared at her in utter shock. I couldn't form any words. She was thankful that I had kissed Harry so she didn't need to feel guilty for breaking up with him? What? I thought she was mad at me for kissing him?

"Uh, we'll see about that. I should probably head to P.E, now. Bye," I said, scratching the back of my head before turning around to walk over to Zayn, who was still standing at my locker. However, this time, his eyes were widened.

"You actually did it, and with his ex!" He let out in shock.

I furrowed my eyebrows together, forcing a smile on my face. "Yeah, why not?"

He shrugged. "I just... I was so sure you had feelings for Harry, but I guess you actually don't."

"That's what I've been trying to tell you the whole time," I told him, knowing I should be pleased about the fact that I had managed to make Zayn believe that I didn't have any feelings for Harry, but I wasn't.

The strange feeling in my stomach only grew bigger when I didn't tell Zayn the truth. I never lied, but I couldn't tell him about Harry. I was kind of embarrassed about it since I had promised myself that I would never get feelings for anyone, but Harry had just stepped into my life and ruined it all. However, Zayn admitted that he fancied Perrie, so why couldn't I admit that I liked Harry?

Because you're embarrassed about liking him.

I wasn't, though. Harry was beautiful. With his brown curly hair, his green emerald eyes, and pink lips. I couldn't believe that I once said that he was posh. He was gorgeous.

Not like that, you idiot. You're embarrassed that it's a guy you like and not a girl. Not to mention, he's the guy you've been bullying for years.

I swallowed hard. Maybe the voice in my head was right? Maybe I was embarrassed that I liked the boy I had been bullying for years? Or, it was because I had just realized that I did have feelings for him. Everything was still so new, after all. Besides, I knew Zayn was just going to tease me about it anyway.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I should head to class now. See ya later?" Zayn questioned.

I nodded my head, picking up my bag that was still lying on the floor before making my way to the locker room.

I was just about to open my locker when someone grabbed a hold of my arm and turned me around. I stared wide-eyed at the person who was standing in front of me, my mouth falling open when I noticed it was Harry.

"Why?" He asked softly.

My breath hitched at the look on his face. He looked so vulnerable that I wanted to reach up and cup his cheek. "Look, Harry. I'm sorry I kissed your ex, I just uh... Zayn told--"

"I don't want to hear your excuses. Do you like her?" He asked flatly, cutting me off.

I shook my head vigorously. "No, of course not. Why would you think that?"

He looked at me as if I were an idiot. "I know everything about the bet Louis, and I'm sure Zayn came up with it just because he knew you liked Sarah and wanted her to break up with me so you could have her to yourself."

I stared at him with wide eyes. He knew about the bet? How come he-- Liam. Of course. Fuck. "You've got it all wrong, Harry. I do not like her. But even if I did, why would you care? I thought you were in a happy relationship with Liam?"

He blinked his eyes, not seeming to be able to find any words to say. "I... I don't know," he mumbled, furrowing his eyebrows together.

I just stared at him, waiting for him to say something or make a movement. Eventually, a blush crept to his cheeks and he started walking backward. "I'm sorry, I thought... Never mind." And with that said, he walked to his own locker, leaving me nothing but confused.

It took me a while to comprehend what just happened. Then I realized it had been my and Harry's first real conversation, and maybe that fact caused butterflies to erupt in my stomach But, even if it did, I would never admit it. Not even to myself.

-----

**Harry's POV**

The second I walked away from Louis, my head started spinning like crazy. He thought I was upset about the fact that he kissed Sarah? Well, I was, but it wasn't because it was Sarah out of all people because I didn't have any feelings for her anymore. No, it was because Louis had kissed any girl at all.

I didn't know why I was upset about it, though. I just was...

********************************

So, there's chapter 13! I know it's been a long time since I updated, and I'm sorry! I will update again probably next weekend if not earlier.

I also know this chapter has nothing to do with the previous one? You all probably expected some seduction, but it's coming, I promise :)

FOLLOW COMMENT VOTE

Pauline .xx