note 4

You have the ability to make me smile no matter what.

I don't know if you remember, but there was one particular day when I just couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to joke around and play pranks and act like the shit-disturber I am. I remember I was feeling unusually insecure. My food just wouldn't stay down. Right after dinner, I went to my room while you all stayed down. I told you all that I was fine, just had a headache and needed a nap.

I wasn't expecting to see any of you three when I retired to the bedroom. I was just going to lie in my bed and stare at the ceiling and hope to Merlin that something would change. But then the doorknob rattled and my heart stuttered in my chest. But when I sat up to see who it was, it was you in all your glory. Your eyes were all big and concerned and I didn't know whether to smile or cry.

I tried to assure you that I was fine, just feeling sick, but of course you saw through it. You told me to lean against the headboard of the bed and make myself comfortable. You gave me a piece of your chocolate and got into bed beside me. It was difficult for you at first, I could tell, but eventually you struck up a conversation, and in no time I was smiling. My miseries didn't go away, of course, but you made me forget. Somewhere along the way I fell asleep, and when I woke up, we were sleeping together. My head was on your shoulder, and although my neck felt cramped up, I didn't dare to move.

Remus, the world could be ending and you would still be able to make me smile. It's only natural, of course; everything is much better when you're there.