4

I was in a dark room , trapped with only a sliver of light from the crack of the door  to prove to me that I hadn't gone blind. I walk towards the light with careful footsteps , scared of tripping over my own feet and falling over. I didn't know if I would be able to get back up. I could feel my feet shake with an indescribable fear, not knowing if I would make it to the door alive . One step . Two steps. Three steps. Four steps. At this point I am at the door ,I slowly turn the knob waiting to hear the satisfying click of it opening.

Burning hands pull me backwards , dragging me deep into the dark room. The hands seem to multiply and soon I feel millions of hot palms roaming my body grabbing and tearing away my skin. I try to scream but one covers my mouth suffocating me slowly, "I told you I'd save you ." Says a sadistic voice  . This is the end , I think to myself. I am being dragged to hell. I don't  cry because I know deep down that I deserve this fate.

The hands seem to fade away as I am pulled farther down till there is only one pair shaking my body. I open my eyes to see Maven above me , his eyes filled with worry.
As my senses start to develop I realize that I'm covered in sweat causing my gown to cling to me like a second skin and my throat was raw from screaming . Just a dream , no a nightmare. "Are you alright ?" He asked me in a concerned voice . I just nod in reply , my mouth still not able to form words.  He moves to my side allowing me to sit up . I try to stand but my knees give out and I fall to the floor.

Maven rushes toward me helping me off the ground . He picks me up bridal style and places me down gently on the bed, I don't look him in the eye ashamed of how weak I've become. And I know he's enjoying every second of it. I bring my knees to my chest trying to build a barrier between me and the blue eyed boy standing in front of me.  I was a mess of damp hair and cloths , stinking of body Oder . It was morning I realized . I finally looked up at Maven , noticing he was only in sweatpants giving me a great view of his toned chest. He had defiantly grown since I've been here , I guess becoming king does that to you.

"Like what you see." He says with a playful smirk . Noting my silence he leans in and brushes a strand of hair out of my face . "What are you scared of ?" He Said with worried features. You , I silently think. As if he could read my mind he jerked away from me his eyes filling with hatred and malice . Something hard connected with my face knocking me to my back. He slapped me. A tear rolls down my face as he grabs my chin ."Look at yourself Mare , your already breaking apart before I had my fun with you we can't have that can we."   I feel him grab my hair and I Yelp  in pain , he pulls me to the ground my head hitting the tile hard drawing blood. Not strong enough to fight back I lay in a weeping pile  at his feet waiting for more pain to come but it doesn't . Instead he retrieved his shirt and strutted out the room. "Clean her up and have her ready for breakfast by 10 ." He orders a group of servents. The group of women swarm around me trying to pick up and put back together the shattered
pieces their king had left. But I'm unfixable.