2

Crystals were the first thing I saw as I opened my eyes. Was I finally dead ? Has peace finally came?  My eyes came into focus on the diamond chandelier above me, I sat up and glanced at my surroundings. This is not heaven. Although the room I am in is spacious and full of lush beautiful things , I can feel the silent stone all around me lining the walls stopping at the glass ceiling above me. This is my prison or my hell, I would prefer the latter.

I got up , my bones creaking from the movement as I walked to the full length mirror next to my bed. I was in a plain white long sleeve silk dress flattering my figure, my skin and hair looked better than it ever had before practically glowing with health. The only imperfection I could spot were the dead eyes on my dainty fresh face . And although the healers had   healed all the scars and burns  adorning my body, there was a fresh new M
brand on my left collar bone visible from the dresses plunging neck line . I have no doubt that Maven had added it to replace the old one, claiming me as his property.

"The healers did a good job if I do say so my self." Maven said emerging from the shadows across the room. I stumbled back slightly . Don't be scared I think to myself ,he has no powers in this room just like you . But that didn't soothe me . I knew that  when it came to physical strength  he could break me in half with his thumb and forefinger if he wished to do so. As if reading my mind he says with a curious look on his face "I'm not going to hurt you ." I stand still not un- tensing my body , ready to fight at any moment . "If you behave." He adds with a smirk, eyes darkening by the second  as he starts walking toward me in a hesitant manner, as if I am a threat.

"What happened ?" I ask , my voice quivering giving away my obvious fear. "What do you remember ?"  He questioned tilting his head like a curious puppy . "Dying ." I answer bluntly . He starts to cackle , a menacing horrid sound matching the evil glint in his eye ." You came close , I'll give you that ." He pauses with a hurt look on his face .
"You really think I would let you die ? "  Not giving me enough time to answer he states "I told you I would always save you Mare , and I am a man of my word ." 
" The only One I need saving from is you." I spit through clenched teeth.

He started walking toward me again , this time with determined steps full of purpose . "Remember your place, you ungrateful little creature ." He yells grabbing my throat and pinning my wrist to the wall. I let out a choked whimper unable to stop him. " I choose whether you eat or starve , I choose whether you rot in a cell or sleep in a room filled with lavender , and I choose whether you live or die ." He lets go of me and starts to walk to the door .

"Please kill me ." I beg as tears started to run down my cheeks , my body shaking uncontrollably .  He turns looking annoyed  " Your not leaving this place mare. Not even by death." He turns back around facing the door again . " No one is coming to save you mare. The world thinks your dead." And with that he takes his final strides out the door , closing it and locking it behind him . Leaving me to wallow in the pain of everything I had lost. Everything that he had taken.