Sophia

Ada's Point of View

When classes began again it wasn't like the first day of school. Everyone's all sad and gloomy; break was so much fun and no one wanted it to end. Plus it's even colder and rainier that the beginning.

"Welcome back everyone," Mrs. Collin said in her high pitched voice, "I am just so excited for this second part of the year!" She's way too excited. I love school and I'm not even that happy. I guess ever since Niall came in the picture I don't care for school as much, but still.

"Everyone go ahead and stand up--we're going to try an activity." When we all looked at her like she was crazy she moved her hands up and down, "Up, up, up!" We all slowly stood up from the new desks that were put in over break. They're quite comfy.

"Now this is history," obviously, "so we're going to do a little skit! I have given each of you a different part for the American Revolutionary War. Yes, it is called the American," she emphasized American, "Revolutionary War; however, we played a larger part."

Mrs. Collin continued and gave us different parts. I was a soldier for the Americans which basically mean I had to stand with a whole bunch of other non-interested students behind our "commander-in-chief"; George Washington.

I really can't help but think about break. It was better than I could ever imagine. Things are finally falling into place and I've been talking to Harry like before all of the craziness started.

"Ada." I looked up quickly as I heard my name being called, "it's your turn."

"Oh, uh," I could feel my face turning bright red. Sophia showed me the page we're on quickly and pointed to my part. "we will not surrender." The next person spoke and I took a deep breath. Sophia looked at me and smiled,

"Thank you so much Sophie," I whispered.

"Mhmm!" Why am I not friends with Sophia? She's so nice and I don't know of anyone who has a problem with her. I guess I've always just hung out with Liam's friends and I haven't talked to anyone I used to talk to this year.

"Hey! Sophia!" I said as quietly as I could while running after her in the hall. How the hell did she get out so fast?" She turned around and I almost knocked her over; not expecting her to stop so quickly.

"Uh, hey Ada." She looked confused. Why did she look confused?

"I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out in class."

"Oh it's not problem!" I never noticed how pretty her eyes are. They're just hazel but like an autumn hazel....like leaves that have just fallen off a tree. Okay now I'm being creepy.

"Yeah, well, umm, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out. I haven't really talked to you much this year." She giggled and looked away almost like she thought I was kidding. "What?"

"Is Ada Payne asking me to hang out?"

"Yes?" I said a bit confused. "What's wrong with that?"

"It's just, I didn't think you hung out with people your age. I'm not trying to be rude but everyone in on our level feels like your a bit stuck up this year." I frowned and my heart hurt. Ouch.

"Oh. I'm sorry, I guess I've just..." My words trailed, that does make sense. "It's nothing against anyone, I've just been hanging out with my brother's friends a lot and--"

"No, it's okay! Really! That came off completely wrong. I would love to hang out with you." She smiled, "Let me have your phone, I'll give you my number."

Sophia typed in her number and handed it back to me with her teal and pink nail polish.

"Cool." The tardy bell rang and we rushed our separate ways to class.